WAG which grips? 2 or 3 holes?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

katie

Until now, I have just trained without grips but wanted to get one now, because I am learning giants and Free Hips to Handstand.

But now I can't decide which I should get because I have no idea!

I want to order them form Ginnasta, but there are soo many different grips - beginner grips, with two holes, with three holes...any advice?

What is the difference between grips with 2 and 3 holes for the fingers? Which ones are better?

Uneven bar grips for women only have two holes.
Mens high bar grips have three holes.
Mens ring grips have two holes, with huge dowel......order by phone so you can ask the rep. for help.

Uneven bar grips for women only have two holes.
Mens high bar grips have three holes.
Mens ring grips have two holes, with huge dowel......order by phone so you can ask the rep. for help.

Thank you! Can you explain the difference between buckle and velcro? Which one is better?

They are easy to put on, but I usually have to adjust them after every 2 turns. I have never actually tried the buckle ones, but I reckon they don't need a lot of adjusting. My friend says they are quite hard to put on though.

I have the ginnasta double buckle grips. As for the buckle vs. Velcro debate, I started with velcro and then moved to buckles because it's annoying having to adjust the grips every time you get off of the bar. Nothing but good things to say about them here!

Velcro is easier and quicker to put on. Buckles stay tight and you don't have to continue re-tightening. Older gymmie uses buckles. Younger uses Velcro.

Our gym requires the girls to use buckle grips. They were a learning curve to put on, but you have a group of 8 and 9 year olds that can get them on in under 30 seconds (all our bar coach allows, before making them run) .

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back