White pommel pants!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

profmom

Proud Parent
The guys had their second meet over the weekend. It went well. I take back everything I've previously said about nothing in the world possibly being any cuter than L5 girls. L4 boys are unbelievably, shockingly cute. And our guys were the cutest of the cute, because the oldest L4 we have is just a bit over eight years old.

So they were out there, being beyond adorable in their tuff looking black singlets and sharp white pommel pants. They did well, even better than at their first meet (which was the first meet ever for all but one of them). I think the coaches are right about the white pants making their legs look straighter and longer. They were very professional during the meet and really cute afterward when they were rolling around on the floor and wrestling with each other and with another team next to them as they were waiting for the awards.

This morning, I got the pommel pants out of the gym bag. AGGGHHH!

I cannot describe the horror, lest I traumatize others, but let me just say that I hope the Resolve works, because I don't think I can count on GK to get me a replacement pair before the next meet.

I wonder how much I would have to bribe GK to discontinue white pommel pants for next season and every subsequent competitive season for which my son is on the team?

Unlike girls leotards the pommel pants are not custom ordered and you can get them just about any where in a short time. My son had white originally but then they got black ones but they got nasty too and we ended up getting a second pair so he had one to wash and one to wear. Same with the shorts.

Discount Leotard sells them and I always had them within 10 days.
DISCOUNT LEOTARDS, GYMNASTICS LEOTARDS & MORE - BOY'S, MEN'S

I agree too that little boys trying to do routines are just as cute as the girls.

How cute!! I am glad to here that your DS enjoyed his first competition! We went yesterday and watched one of my DS's teammates compete! The boys do some really cool stuff! These were L6 boys.

I am very excited to go to my DS's first L4 comp but that may not be til next season. He may go to one meet this year. We'll see. What happened to the pants? Do they just stain easily or something? Luckily our gym has black pants so now worries there.

Lil boys are cuties at comps....don't tell them that, though. They want to be tough! Lol. And if u think white pommel pants are bad...in 12 yrs of being a baseball mom, last year was the first year the team had white pants. Who on earth came up with white for boys baseball pants! They NEVER come clean!

This one of the reasons, I never pick white bottoms for my boy's colors. I prefer dark colors in general and I'm partial to red and black in general. However, the one thing with baseball is they don't really expect you to have pristine white pants during season. I'm not sure I had anything but white pants in 5 years of youth baseball.

Boys have to have a light color for their longs, that is the rule. Colors like black and navy which don't show the dirt are not allowed.

Really??? not allowed well all the boy meets I've seen only one team had the white pantsand the olympic teams I have seen blue, Red and white. Maybe its an Aussie thing.

back in the old days the only pants being made for boys was made by Nabholtz. these pants were indestructible. you could run them over with a car and they'd still come back white after washing. and we wore them with required suspenders...:)

I still don't know what happened to the pants. There was something kind of orange-ish on one leg, and it looks like he sat on something as well. The coach has strict rules about what they can bring to drink or eat, and cheez doodles and colored Gatorade are NOT on the permitted list.

But all hail to the power of Resolve! The pants are once again gleaming, pristine, and blindingly white. Nonetheless, indestructible pants sound like a great idea to me -- I wish they'd bring 'em back!

(I have a baseball player too -- when the team was in white pants, we all told each other that stains on the knees and thighs mean they're having a good season because they're running the bases and making the plays in the outfield. Can't construct any kind of narrative like that for gymnastics!)

back in the old days the only pants being made for boys was made by Nabholtz. these pants were indestructible. you could run them over with a car and they'd still come back white after washing. and we wore them with required suspenders...:)

Got pictures?;)

Boys have to have a light color for their longs, that is the rule. Colors like black and navy which don't show the dirt are not allowed.
Not here (GA-USA). We were the only team at our last meet not wearing black. Our boys are in white. I ask my son not to walk on the stirrups. But so far no other problems 2 meets into the season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back