Parents Wristband question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

Amanda

Proud Parent
Reaction score
Hi! My daughter just started working on the strap bar a bit and they said she needed wristbands by Friday. She doesn't have grips yet- she just needs the wristbands. Any idea where I could go to find them? Do they need to be specifically for gymnastics? Thanks!

No, just get them at any store. Be aware that they often prefer the longer ones... or at least my son does. There are lots of options, but since she is just starting I would start with the regular long tennis wristbands. NIke has some that are pretty good as well.

The longer variety is what my daughter uses. I think they are referred to as Doublewide.

AWNI02976~nike-doublewide-varsityred_P1.jpg

Thank you all! That is helpful. Not looking forward to new rips though!

We have bought some online, but usually get them at Dick's Sporting Goods. My dd has recently been doing some drills on the strap bar and she said it hurts her wrist a lot (not related to wristbands). I think it just takes getting used to though. She hasn't had any rips from it though.

We found some Nike ones at Big 5 today. Thanks! Might check out Amazon for the future. I think she's excited to use them on Friday!

Yes, get the long ones and make sure you have her wash them once in a while. They get chalky and pretty smelly.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back