Parents wrong kid, right score

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Here the girls wear numbers on their backs, which usually works great. However, at one competition, they had mixed up all the numbers for our club for one step. Instead of fixing it, they made all the girls unpin their numbers and swap them to what they had. Some of the girls had the numbers sewn to their leotards and were forced to cut and unpick the stitching. I'm sure some of the mums were not thrilled.

Unfortunatly in my area the "computer" age is still waiting to happen. Those systems are very expensive and I know I would rather see new equipment for the gymnasts than a fancy score system installed.

The gyms don't own the systems. There are companies that come to each meet that does the set up. I'm assuming it is the meet director that does the contracting but I am not positive on that. Netscore and Meet Control are the two we have seen most often.

I just thought this was the norm everywhere since we have them even at the small meets.

The gyms don't own the systems. There are companies that come to each meet that does the set up. I'm assuming it is the meet director that does the contracting but I am not positive on that. Netscore and Meet Control are the two we have seen most often.

I just thought this was the norm everywhere since we have them even at the small meets.

nope, not the norm here...only at invitationals. Regular old system at local meets.

There's an equipment supplier in our area, so most of the meets use them for equipment - they bring it in, set it up, tear it down, and haul it away. That includes the scoring system. Not sure what the cost is, but all of the meets we go to use them, so the cost is less than the hassle of tearing up your own gym to haul your equipment to the meet.

Nope, here there aren't companies that rent out the equipment, but two local gyms own electronic score boards and they will rent out to meets--we have hired them for years as electronic score boards are SO much nicer.

our big invitational uses computers and last name and score are posted on a large screen..
someone asked how did i know.. well, i am not a judge, but in this case it was nearly obvious by the naked eye and also she consistantly has scored very high on bars (except her first meet when she was 4), plus i happened to be sitting just a few feet from the judges table and another mom pointed out there was some conversation and confusion about who was who, so i kinda overheard. i did not hear them say her name before bars, vault, or beam, but i heard them say her name on floor.. usually i can hear them say her name on all the events. really i have no idea how it happened, but it did. my daughter is the youngest and also is a different complexion than the other girls, so i'm wondering when they spoke to the judges did they just remember her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back