WAG Xcel MUSIC for Bronze routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PalmTree

Coach
I am having a really hard time picturing how Xcel meets are going to go. I have about 25 Xcel kids that were already placed on team when I became the new Head Coach. Several of them I would put at a Level 1, so they are doing Bronze. How in the world do you find music and choreograph routines for these kids?? I have listened to some gymnastics music samples but they sound like karaoke without the words. Really awful! The songs I do like are wayyyyy to dancy for these kids (they didn't know what pointed toes were when I came in). Also, I read somewhere that the routines have to be a minute long? Dear goodness help! I don't think these kids will be able to remember a full minute. Some of them only practice once a week for an hour. (Again, not my idea...)

Can any suggest or give examples of what Xcel Bronze girls do for floor routines?? Should I just have them all do the same routine, and if so, to what music? I wanted to just use the USAG music for Level 1, is that possible??

YES - have them all do the same routine!! I only know the rules for Region 1, but one minute is actually the MAXIMUM allowable time for a floor routine at bronze, there is no minimum. 30 sec is plenty at this level. Don't worry about choreography, artistry is not judged. Just string together the required dance and acro elements and have them do it in a straight line across the diagonal of the floor. Maybe a cute pose at the end!

I agree to just use one song for all of them. Much simpler. Dds gym starts using individual music in silver but a lot of competing gyms wait until gold for individual music.

I agree to just use one song for all of them. Much simpler. Dds gym starts using individual music in silver but a lot of competing gyms wait until gold for individual music.

YES, can you imagine how much practice time would be wasted if every bronze girl had to run their routine individually in practice because the music was different. I'd maybe consider having two different routines if you have a large number of girls and splitting them by age.

We have 24 girls in bronze so they have been split into 3 groups for their floor routines with 3 different songs. They are not long, but they do have different skill levels. For example, some girls do a forward and backwards roll, some do a handstand forward roll, round off, and round off backhandspring. So that way the ones that are a little more advanced can do a harder skill.

YES, can you imagine how much practice time would be wasted if every bronze girl had to run their routine individually in practice because the music was different. I'd maybe consider having two different routines if you have a large number of girls and splitting them by age.

dd had this as a first and second year rookie (before they changed levels to bronze, silver...). group was split between young and older and the music matched the age of the group. dd's got more cutesy vs older group was more hip/hop. Tumbling skills were the same for both groups but choreography was simpler for the younger girls to remember. I'm not sure but I think the gym still does this for the bronze groups (young/older)

having the same routine also saves a lot of money for first time parents, since they are not paying for individual choreography and songs.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back