Anon xcel platinum to diamond

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

Anonymous (8407)

I am considering making the jump from xcel platinum to diamond, but i’m not really sure what skills I need. Could somebody give me some examples of routines i could do.

I am hoping to get a kip cast handstand on bars this summer and connect that to a clear hip possibly. But don’t know if I’ll get a 10.0 SV or close to one

I think for my beam acro, I am going to do cartwheel swing through roundoff so not exactly sure what other elements I need.

On vault I will either flip a tsuk or do half on full off.

And on floor I am thinking of round off back handspring back tuck and front tuck front tuck (but I’m not even sure if i’ll meet requirements with these passes)

Please give me some examples of the EASIEST diamond routines!!

Bars:
You need a clear hip that gets within 45 degrees of handstand.
You’ll also need to do a second clear hip and a flyaway
Beam:
You’ll need the same dance as in platinum (full turn, 155 split, dance series)
A salto/areial dismount
Floor:
You need a B salto, I.e a front pike, back half or full, front layout
A B turn (1.5, 1 with leg at horizontal, etc)
This is a link to the exact requirements for 10.0 SV:
It can be some confusing terminology, so let me know if you have any questions.

The more basic or "easier" routines I can think of that would get a 10.0 SV on each event is

Vault - flip tsuk

Bars - Kip, cast hand (or 45 from vertical), clear hip, hip, squat on, kip, cast, clear hip, tuck flyaway

Beam - mount, full turn, cartwheel, roundoff, split jump, another jump (usually tuck jump), salto dismount (mostly front tuck, back tuck, or cartwheel back salto)

Floor - 1.5 turn, front tuck front tuck/pike or fhs front tuck/pike (you would at least need a "B" salto in one of your passes), switch leap, other jump, rbh tuck/layout/half/full.

So based on the skills you listed, I would say work on flipping tsuks, high casts, and a "B" salto on floor

I am considering making the jump from xcel platinum to diamond, but i’m not really sure what skills I need. Could somebody give me some examples of routines i could do.

I am hoping to get a kip cast handstand on bars this summer and connect that to a clear hip possibly. But don’t know if I’ll get a 10.0 SV or close to one

I think for my beam acro, I am going to do cartwheel swing through roundoff so not exactly sure what other elements I need.

On vault I will either flip a tsuk or do half on full off.

And on floor I am thinking of round off back handspring back tuck and front tuck front tuck (but I’m not even sure if i’ll meet requirements with these passes)

Please give me some examples of the EASIEST diamond routines!!
Vault- half on full off
floor-RHB full (if you cant do that double back tuck)
bars- kip on to low bar cast handstand jump to highbar cast handstand giant flyaway
beam-One acro skill that has flight handstand back handspring can't do that round off off to a double front tuck dismount

The more basic or "easier" routines I can think of that would get a 10.0 SV on each event is

Vault - flip tsuk

Bars - Kip, cast hand (or 45 from vertical), clear hip, hip, squat on, kip, cast, clear hip, tuck flyaway

Beam - mount, full turn, cartwheel, roundoff, split jump, another jump (usually tuck jump), salto dismount (mostly front tuck, back tuck, or cartwheel back salto)

Floor - 1.5 turn, front tuck front tuck/pike or fhs front tuck/pike (you would at least need a "B" salto in one of your passes), switch leap, other jump, rbh tuck/layout/half/full.

So based on the skills you listed, I would say work on flipping tsuks, high casts, and a "B" salto on floor
Ok thank you! So just to clarify on floor I can do a front tuck front tuck and then a ro bhs tuck as my second pass and meet requirements still? I can do a 1.5 turn and i have currently a switch leap to tuck jump.

Ok thank you! So just to clarify on floor I can do a front tuck front tuck and then a ro bhs tuck as my second pass and meet requirements still? I can do a 1.5 turn and i have currently a switch leap to tuck jump.
You need a B salto on floor. front tuck front tuck is A-A. Back tuck is A. Front pike or front layout or back 1/2 or back full are B saltos.

Vault- half on full off
floor-RHB full (if you cant do that double back tuck)
bars- kip on to low bar cast handstand jump to highbar cast handstand giant flyaway
beam-One acro skill that has flight handstand back handspring can't do that round off off to a double front tuck dismount
you cant do double saltos in diamond

No, you need a ‘B’ salto. A front pike/layout or a back half/full.

You need a B salto on floor. front tuck front tuck is A-A. Back tuck is A. Front pike or front layout or back 1/2 or back full are B saltos.
so could i do front pike front tuck or front tuck front pike? and then a ro bhs bt?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back