You get burnt out from the drive?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ah ha, that was my first guess but thought it was too far away from you.

Wow, they are one of the top gyms in the country, you can double (no triple) my vote for gym A :)

Huge congratulations to your DD.

Did you know that 2 WAG gymnastics from there qualified for the 2008 Beijing Olympic team? (One unfortunately suffered from a hereditary back problem and had to pull out at the last minute)

You are right about the driving though, those roads can get horribly busy, at least you know you can move in the future.

You'll have to let us know when your DD competes her first compulsory level.

After reading this again, no, not the right gym. This gym just opened 4yrs ago. The two main girls are top 10 in the last espoir.

Gym N is south of the city of N, probably 15miles south.

i got it wrong too!
i know which one you mean now!
they seem to have good youngsters there, but still very new.
all the best x

Well I'm still flummoxed about gym N, you'll have to give me a bigger hint!

Seems to me that a newish gym will be see your daughter much more for where is she is now and the potential she may have in the younger elite compulsory levels, whereas an established elite gym may be looking more towards the future and those elusive world/olympic team spots - this could give your daughter a disadvantage in the long run as you said you'll be moving back to the US in 5 years?

Got to say that having a couple of espoirs in only 4 years is good going - think that's roughly US level 9-10, am guessing they came with their coaches from a well established gym. If your daughter can get anywhere near that in your years here then she's very much going to be on track for college gymnastics.

Sounds like you have made a great decision and found a wonderful gym.

Good luck and let us know how she is getting on.

Use PM's if you need to communicate in a way that could reveal where you live or who you are. It is hard to stay private here sometimes.

Glad you have found a better fit for your DD. I drive a long way for cheer (180km's round trip) and I did for gymnastics too.

Use PM's if you need to communicate in a way that could reveal where you live or who you are. It is hard to stay private here sometimes.

Glad you have found a better fit for your DD. I drive a long way for cheer (180km's round trip) and I did for gymnastics too.

Thanks for the reminder :) I think though my username gives me up already if one Googles :/

Well I'm still flummoxed about gym N, you'll have to give me a bigger hint!

Seems to me that a newish gym will be see your daughter much more for where is she is now and the potential she may have in the younger elite compulsory levels, whereas an established elite gym may be looking more towards the future and those elusive world/olympic team spots - this could give your daughter a disadvantage in the long run as you said you'll be moving back to the US in 5 years?

Got to say that having a couple of espoirs in only 4 years is good going - think that's roughly US level 9-10, am guessing they came with their coaches from a well established gym. If your daughter can get anywhere near that in your years here then she's very much going to be on track for college gymnastics.

Sounds like you have made a great decision and found a wonderful gym.

Good luck and let us know how she is getting on.

This may be true but I think with this gym I am ok. I think dd will be able to reach her goals assuming she still loves it in 5yrs. She'll be 13 when we go back. I think she'll be at the right level or just a little bit to catch up. I read somewhere level 2 UK is about a level 9 US. There are a few level 2 girls there which makes me think dd will be fine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back