Parents you will never believe

• Thread starter Thread starter medic3188
  • Start date Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.
M

medic3188

So today the gym..which amber loved had a letter on the door that said closed for business, no notice. On top of it I am sick with my asthma in the hospital. I have not told her..I already found a new gym. Luckily there are a lot but my schedule makes it hard

Now that is unbelievable! Nice of them to let you know, not. But I imagine lots of gyms are really struggling financially right now.

Good luck telling Amber and I hope you find yourself breathing better soon.

ugh! How truly truly sad. I can't even imagine having to deal with this. I hope Amber takes the news okay and everything works out well at the new gym. Keep us posted.

Sending happy thoughts your way!!

Oh I so sorry. I sure hope Amber takes it ok.

To not give any notice is awful. They had to have known.

Also, hope you feel better. I was just diagnosed with asthma after 7 miserable weeks of feeling awful and nothing working

First, please take care of yourself!!! That is terrible the way they just put a notice on the door.Good luck with Amber's transition to the new gym

Wow, that is awful and I am so sorry! It sounds like you have a plan already for a new gym...hope your asthma calms down soon (I have it, too!)

Gyms will come and go, but you need to worry about YOU first...so sorry you are in the hospital with Asthma problems. I know someone who has a difficult time getting in under control sometimes and I can't even imagine how scary it is to have difficulty breathing. Hope you feel better soon!

That's just plain crappy to place a notice on the door like that!! If they were having financial problems, they should have had the courtesy to let all patrons know! A gym doesn't fall into the pits over night! (HUGS) hope you are in contact with other team friends and parents so you can make a quick and sucessful move for Amber as soon as you are well enough.

How sad.....hoping your daughter adjusts to her new gym quickly and you have a speedy recovery.

First of all, I hope you are feeling better soon! I cannot believe the way your gym handeled this. I know Amber was very happy there. You are in a good area for gyms though, where did you end up going? If you were just farther south, you could come to Ky's gym. I'm sure Amber will be good, kids bounce back pretty quick, hopefully her love of the sport will get her through this. Take care of yourself!!

That is terrible news!! First and Foremost, I hope your Asthma gets better soon.. I hope Amber likes her new gym.

OMG... That is totally bogus:( I am sorry that happened to you guys and your daughter:(
I hope you get well soon too.
I am glad you found another gym.

A gym near mine did that last week.

I hope this isn't a growing trend....

uuuggghhhhhh ((((((((HUGS))))))))) Feel better! Sometimes these things work out for the best.

Wow That's aweful ! I cannot believe they did not give a prior notice that was low!I hope your dd likes her new gym and you are feeling better!

A gym near mine did that last week.

I hope this isn't a growing trend....

GT - that team is going to stay together, I heard the were going back to their old building. The parents were talking about selecting a new team name at the meet on Saturday.

Like you, I hope it's not a growing trend.

That's horrible!!! I hope that you are feeling better and out of the hospital real soon...

What is wrong with people these days... :mad:

Wow! What a shock that they gave no notice or anything! Glad you have already found another gym. And hope you're feeling better and back home soon.

Boy, that really stinks. If I walked up to our gym and saw that I'd blow a gasket. After all the time and money that you put into the place, they owe you an explanation before it happens.

I also hope you're feeling better and are out of the hospital soon! :)

That is so sad, especially not to give any notice. Hope Amber takes it well and loves her new gym. Hope your asthma gets better and you will be home soon and feeling better. :)

Usually when a gym ( or any business) closes that abruptly it's usually an issue of taxes (that weren't paid) and the Feds close them down. I'd be leary of joining another operation with any of the prior management at the helm....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back