Parents Anyone else's dd getting ready for States this weekend?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Granny Smith

Proud Parent
This coming weekend is States for dd. Practice last night, not too bad, only had to stay an extra half hour! She seems calm and just working her skills. Not sure if she will add anything to her routines, she has been working a new floor pass and States would be a good time to try it, because she just needs a 34 AA to qualify to Regionals - I guess I will just have to wait and see come Sunday!

Good luck to everyone! :)

Good Luck to your Daughter this weekend!!

My DD has Level 8 States this weekend . She RECENTLY (as in less then a month ago) made a gym change and this will only be her 2nd time competing with the new team. Not sure what to expect from her :)

They "fixed" her vault (let her switch from yurchenko to Tsuk) and tweeked her beam routine. She was doing two series and now is only doing one. :) Floor is the same as is bars. She has looked great in practice but I know she will be completely stressed out at seeing old coaches and I am afriad this will have a negative affect on her :(

Regionals here in Region 8 works differently. They will take the top 31 girls (in all age divisions combined) 1st 8 will be on the State Team and then the next 23 will be All Stars.

Granny - good luck to your DD this weekend!

Ingwe - Good luck to your DD!
Our L8 is April 1st. DD is excited...her 2nd meet back after her injury. She had her floor & beam "tweaked" yesterday. Vault is coming along, as long as her foot is taped, she does better (psychological?) We are in Region 7, they take the top 6 in each age group to represent the State, the next 2 per age group will be All Stars, and then a couple of alternates (# TBD).

Good luck to your girls! My dd competes in L7 states this weekend. She is excited, practices have been going well and she is going into it after having her best meet 2 weeks ago. Hopefully she will be able to keep nerves under control! Unfortunately she is in a session by herself as all the other L7s from our gym are in a different session.

Good luck to your daughter, Granny Smith! Our Optional State is next weekend (end of March)--and here we just need a 34 AA to make Regionals too. (well, I don't need anything--it would be a miracle if I managed a cartwheel on beam LOL!)

Good luck to everyone's dds this weekend and next too! I am aways rushing away the week, the week just drags on and on leading up to a meet! Basically 3.5 more practices to go. Saturday's practice will just be an in and out so I'm only counting it as a "half" practice! I also promise that I will go home today and wash her comp leo, it's been sitting since her last meet (2.5 weeks ago!) I'm sure it can open up the washer and jump in all by itself! :eek:

I also promise that I will go home today and wash her comp leo, it's been sitting since her last meet (2.5 weeks ago!) I'm sure it can open up the washer and jump in all by itself! :eek:

LOL DD's leo is also sitting around waiting for a bath! Totally agree about weekdays dragging!

GMM....Good Luck to you DD as well!!! I am sure she will do great :)

Interesting how different regional qualifications are in each region.

DD also has states this weekend. She pulled a muscle two weeks go and is still not competeing all her skills yet. Her coaches think it will be fine by this weekend. I am really stressing that she needs another week to prepare. She hasn't seemed stressed so I am keepeing all thoughts in my own head. To qualify for regionals she needs to be in the top 65% at states all levels combined.

Good luck to everyone who is off to States this weekend! DD's level 6 States aren't until mid-April. They're late this year! I know the girls are all excited to start hitting the level 7 skills hard.

Good luck to everyone competing and congrats on regionals!
My dd's level 8 state meet is Saturday. She seems confident and her skills are coming along.
Anyone know how Arkansas chooses who goes to regionals? I don't know if the coaches are keeping the info secret or if they really don't know.

crazygymmom - if you can get a hold of the Arkansas State Handbook, it should have the information you need in there. I know that type of info is in the handbook for our state (and it can be found online.)

States is this weekend for us too...just found out that one of the local gyms with aspiring Olympians and elites is entering 3 international elites in the Level 10 session so that their team will win Level 10 States!!! Supposedly there is nothing in the rules that says he can't do this because they compete for foreign countries but 2 went to Worlds , 1 went to the London Test Event for the Olympics, 2 went to the Arab Games ( and won) and 1 has already been named as an Olympic competitor for her foreign country !!! I'm stunned...this coach wonders why no one roots for his gymnasts on the international scene...but you can see why. I can't believe he's so unethical to enter these three gymnasts in the JO State meet when they compete internationally! Tells you what he thinks of his current level 10s....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back