Anon College Recruiting experience, insights and opinions

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Recruiting? Or visiting?
By rule they are not allowed to be talking to sophomores. THey can be evaluating them, watching film, etc, but that is it.

I hope they are not pushing things to go back to the super early recruiting. Junior year in hs is early enough to be committing to a college!
There is no direct contact with the gymnasts, but there is little doubt they are there to express more than just casual interest in 2026 gymnasts. They communicate through the club coach who relays it to the gymnasts. What we have seen is that even though colleges are not allowed direct contact with gymnasts they still passively recruit gymnasts via generic mail, IG messages, likes, and visits to gyms.

Recruiting? Or visiting?
By rule they are not allowed to be talking to sophomores. THey can be evaluating them, watching film, etc, but that is it.

I hope they are not pushing things to go back to the super early recruiting. Junior year in hs is early enough to be committing to a college!
This is not unexpected. Wouldn't surprise me that this is happening with 2027s

This is not unexpected. Wouldn't surprise me that this is happening with 2027s
Not surprising but it is sad. Choosing a college is not an easy choice and really, they need to be older.

Most kids pick their college as seniors. Even MAG waits until senior year. Waiting for juniors should be the minimum.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back