Crazy good meet for older DD

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
I love being able to finally post something "crazy good" about my girls! Older DD had a huge meet this weekend and did a great job. She was so happy and it was so good to see her happy after a disappointing meet last weekend AND after hurting her ankle at practice Thursday night. She ended up with personal bests on all 4 events and a personal best AA score...

Vault 8.7something 6th place (this is huge for her)
Bars 8.9 6th place
Beam 9.1something 6th place
Floor...get ready...9.45 and 2nd place!
AA 36.25 and 4th place!

This was a super competitive meet and they only went out 6 places...and she got FIVE medals! She was so happy...a little sad that she missed an AA trophy by a tenth or so (she has never ever won a trophy) but that is ok! Her last AA was in the low 34's so this was a big surprise!

The only bad thing was she ended up getting sick the day after the meet and we were stuck there for 2 more days for younger DD's competition...will write about that one in another post.

Happy gymmie, happy mom, great meet. Wahoo!

wow what a great meet. those improvements are amazing. she must be so excited. that really stinks that she got sick and couldn't go home.

I like that each of your girls got their own post, each with their own successes. Congrats to both!

WOW! What an amazing meet for your DD. 5 personal bests. You cant complain about that. Too bad she missed the AA trophy..so close. And what a bummer she got sick and still had to hang out around there waiting for little sis. But what a wonderful story that they both rocked that meet.

Woot Woot!! What an awesome meet!! 9.45 on floor!! How great is that! and a 9.1 on beam!! Did she do BWO or Cartwheel series? 2 nines and an AA over 36! I am so happy for her!! I do hope she is feeling better!

Woot Woot!! What an awesome meet!! 9.45 on floor!! How great is that! and a 9.1 on beam!! Did she do BWO or Cartwheel series? 2 nines and an AA over 36! I am so happy for her!! I do hope she is feeling better!

She did the cartwheel series...and landed the full turn! Woo hoo. She still has to conquer that BWO but she has plenty of time for that I hope. She went to school today and is doing ok, just a nasty cold and she's exhausted I think. Thank you...she is over the moon for sure and so proud!

Wow! Love those meets. Not as much for the scores per se but for the memories. She can forever look back and say remember that one meet where I...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back