Dani's Championship Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Dani had her Championship meet in Ocean City this past weekend
grin.png
. The weather was gorgeous!!! We got there Friday around noon and met up with her coach and her family and another teammate and her mom and hung out on the beach and went to the pool--the kids had a blast together. It was nice to relax a bit and let them just be kids. Later that night a bunch of us went to dinner at Phillips Crabhouse--they have an awesome buffet!

Dani's session wasn't till Saturday at 6:30pm, so we had all day to kill trying to occupy them without them (Dani and 2 other teammates) getting too tired or bored
rolleyes.gif

We got to the meet and the set up at the Convention Center was pretty cool--there was lots of room and they had some good venders--airbrush t-shirts, GK Elite, and a professional photographer there as well. They had 2 sets of every apparatus except for floor, so the meet flowed pretty quickly.

First up was Beam--Dani was a bit nervous--this was the first meet this season where they started on beam
sad.png
. She had a beautiful routine going, but lost her balance on the handstand when she stepped down and fought for it but fell
sad.png
. Score was still good--8.90 - no place.

Next was floor--Good routine and guess what??? She did her ROBHS by herself (unknowingly, of course--you can see in the video). Her coach felt confident enough of her skill lateley that she told her in warm-ups to just keep going after the RO and don't hesitate. She was there to spot just in case, but clearly Dani didn't need it--she connected it beautifully!! You can hear her teammates screaming and cheering in the background (an me on the tape almost in tears (of joy). I was so proud of her at that moment
laugh.png
. She got a 8.70--nice decent score.

Vault was next--She did 2 great vaults!!! In the last couple weeks she has really overcome her block and is getting more and more consistent with this event. She got a 8.70 good enough for 6th place!!!

Bars was last--she had a nice set--a few leg separations and a big step on the landing but a decent score--8.90 and good enough for 6th place!!

Best of all was that she had her highest AA score of the season--35.20
grin.png
!!!! What a way to end the season!!!

Here is the video for your enjoyment
grin.png

YouTube - Mason Dixon Gymnastics "Hangin' 10"

Great meet and congrads to getting her ROBHS she probally had it in her all along. What great coaches she has for being so patient for Dani to get this skill.

Way to go, Dani! Ro-bhs by yourself, getting over your block on vault, sounds like a really successful meet (and season) to me!
What a fun place to have a meet! It really looks like they went all out.

WOW!!! I'm sooo proud of Dani!!! She has made so much progress this season. And what a way to put a cherry on top of it!!! Doing her ROBHS with no spot:cool: and rocking the vault & bars:D!!! So happy championships was a great experience for her. Congratulations!!!!:D

Last edited:
I was trying to comment on the youtube video, but my PC is acting stupid again.... anyway, DANI ROCKED!!!! Her bars have improved so much! That kip is fantastic, nice straight legs/arms, tight body - yay!!! AND SHE DID HER RO BHS ALL BY HERSELF!!! WAY TO GO DANI!

Thanks everyone!!! I am so proud of her!!! She has come so far in the 2 years that she has been doing gymnastics--it's amazing to see the transformation :)

Way to go, Dani!! Getting over 2 big mental obstacles at the state meet is just a great accomplishment. Its a shame they don't give medals for that.
I'm sure now her coach is telling her that she can do the ROBHS all the time--by herself.

What a great way to end the season.

Great job Dani! That ROBHS was fantastic! Do they get a deduction for the coach being on the floor but not spotting them? Those handstand-step downs are so difficult. We do them for fun in practice and I can only make one out of a handful of them:p Anyway, Dani was amazing, CONGRATS!

Great job Dani! That ROBHS was fantastic! Do they get a deduction for the coach being on the floor but not spotting them? Those handstand-step downs are so difficult. We do them for fun in practice and I can only make one out of a handful of them:p Anyway, Dani was amazing, CONGRATS!

Thanks!! There is no deduction for the coach being out on the floor but if she actually touches the gymnast in the spotting--then that is where the deductions start.

As always, I love watching Dani. She has had that backhandspring for so long. I so happy that she did it all by herself without the coach spotting. What does Dani think about that? She is so talented and you can tell that she loves gymnastics. Keep up the good work!

Great Job Dani! :applause: I've been to OC, MD more times than I can count and have competed at the convention center. It's a nice venue. What a great meet for her. What's next for her now?

Thanks!! There is no deduction for the coach being out on the floor but if she actually touches the gymnast in the spotting--then that is where the deductions start.

That's interesting. I'm so glad she did it by herself, she has been trying for that for so long! She deserved it:):D:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back