JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Is this vault called a Ri Se-gwang?

Is this vault called a Ri Se-gwang?

It looks like one to me. Named after the North Korean gymnast of the same name, it is a Tsuk (1/4 entry in the first flight) on the vaulting table, followed by a full-twisting tucked double back.

First day, his vault up was the tsuk full-in double tuck, a little off on the landing with a big step back. Another vault was the Roche, and he had to take a huge leap out of it.
Second day, it really was Ri Se Gwang, big stumble over and off the side of the mat. After this he did the Dragulescu with a rough landing, underrotated and big stumble forward out of it.

First day, his vault up was the tsuk full-in double tuck, a little off on the landing with a big step back. Another vault was the Roche, and he had to take a huge leap out of it.
Second day, it really was Ri Se Gwang, big stumble over and off the side of the mat. After this he did the Dragulescu with a rough landing, underrotated and big stumble forward out of it.
So you are saying his two vaults where different?

I think a Ri Se Gwang is a Kaz-in back out (which is functionally the same as a Tsuk 1/1-in). As far as I'm aware, he did the same vault both nights.

So you are saying his two vaults where different?

May be I just forgot to add that Ri Se Gwang`s vault is double Tsukahara with 1/1 twist (6.0). And Dragulescu`s is handspring forward and double salto forward tucked with 1/2 turn (Roche with 1/2 turn, 5.6)

Has anyone else seen Donnell vault live? He is beyond amazing! The power in his vaults, the travel, the slippage of the mats... he really is incredible.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back