Parents First Competition preparation

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lurker

Proud Parent
My daughter's first competition is on Sunday with an early start. I was just curious if anyone has any special dinner the night before traditions ect.

Spaghetti and meatballs...

Meat Ball Food GIF

Since we are usually traveling and eating at a restaurant or getting take-out the night before a meet, I just try and get her to have a mix of some protein, carbs, and at least a bit of veggies. Her go-to fave seems to be Panera's chicken noodle soup or a caesar salad with chicken and a small side of mac-n-cheese. Seems to be just enough food.

We try to do a healthy dinner the night before with a mix of carbs, protein, and veggies. If we’re traveling we always stay in a hotel that has a nice room service menu and do that the night before. We split an appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert so that we get to try lots of things and she gets a good variety. Oh, and we never have sushi the night before a meet just in case! After the meet, she chooses where we go for lunch or dinner.

Good luck to your daughter!

Depends what time her meet is. If it’s a late meet my wife will ask her, and she can pick out what’s for dinner that night. If its a early meet, then nothing too heavy becuse I don’t want her getting the bubble guts in the morning.

We don't do anything beforehand, but after a competition we go out for dinner, her pick. This is regardless of her results, just something to look forward to. It is a nice way to unwind

We just do a regular dinner and get her to bed at a time that works for the amount of sleep she likes (she's a late riser). We eat a decent breakfast before the meet and since we usually have a 1hr car ride, another light snack at the end of the ride so she doesn't get hungry during the meet.

Our team prefers to all go out to eat after a meet if the timing works out.

Thanks all! I kept it simple and will take her out to lunch her choice after. And bonus I got her to sleep before 7:30!

If we’re home, it’s a simple spaghetti and meatball kind of meal. And I try to keep it like that even on nights before travel meets. My husband once took my son to a meet by himself, and he did not think it through. They arrived hungry after the 11 hour drive, and my husband didn’t stop my son from eating a one pound burger the night before a morning session. It did not go well!

We do whatever for dinner the night before, but for an early morning meal I make her chocolate chip pancakes with faces I’m not sure at what point I backed myself into a corner of pancake making at 5 am but here we are. Meets can’t happen without pancakes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back