WAG Fundraising Ideas

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

dchawkfan

Proud Parent
I'm curious to know what, if any, types of fundraisers do team girls/gyms do throughout the year to raise funds for competition fees. We have done things like raffles, selling pastries, and working at local restraints busing tables for tips. I'm really looking for ideas for the girls which don't require selling a product, but more service related. Any ideas? What has been successful for your team/gym?

Disco's, movie nights, karaoke, gym sleepovers, gym open day/fete's, rec girls displays.

Popcorn, meat sales, christmas ornaments, cheese, fundscript, chocolates, tagging or (begging as I call it-big money in this)

kat

A meet can make A LOT of money for your gym but you need a lot of volunteers and manhours besides some donations.

Car washes can pull in some cash but spaghetti or crab feeds can pull in a lot more. Pancake breakfasts can do pretty well though.

Sleepovers can pull in some decent cash but you'll still need to pay coaches unless you can get them to volunteer besides expenses of pizza and what not and possibly breakfast. Not that profitable, IMO.

Date nights can pull in some cash but again you'll need coaches to volunteer at some point since I don't know or exactly like the idea of just parents supervising.

A really good idea that my gymnastics team has is cash calendars. You would usually sell each calendar for about $15 each. This way you raise a lot of money and the people buying the cash calendars get chances 2 win some money 2! I hope this definitely helped.

Contact See's candy they do fundraisers, so do worlds finest chocolate. Meets do make a lot of money but you have to have the financial means in place to do it then make sure your not spending more than you are going to make. Meets can be costly especially if they have to be done at a off site facility.
I was on our booster clubs board as the head of fundraising. You could also (if your booster club has the money) purchase a big ticket item.. iPad for example or have the gym offer 1 month of free tuition.. Then sell raffle tickets for $5- $10 a piece or you can agree to sell them for what you want.. The goal is to earn more than the item is valued at.. People love this. The tuition one is great since everyone can participate, team and rec parents and even people who don't belong to the gym can get a month free and hopefully sign on to stay. It was a great money maker for us.

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket mobile app

We work concessions throughout the year at certain events. We throw an annual father-daughter dance that is very lucrative. We go all out with a real DJ, photographer, food, and door prizes. The dance and our home meet are our most successful fundraisers. We are doing a raffle at the moment.... We also sell leos in the gym, snacks, water bottles, etc.

We have a garage sale every summer, we also have a golf fundraiser every summer, and last year we had a gymnastics marathon. We had all of our rec girls come, friends came, a ton of people. And every gymnast on a team (any level pre team through the 10's) choose 1 skill on every event that they had to do as many as possible and people that came could guess how mant they could do for $1. If they got it right, they got a prize. For example, my skills were on floor, back handsprings. On beam, I did full spins, on bars I did giants (lots on giants, kips, bhc, fhc, cast hs), and we didn't do vault, that would be hard:) So then they would write their name down with their guess, put it in the bucket and everybody who was doing giants would go up and do them and if you got it right, you got the prize.
I hope all that made sense^^^

SuperGirlmlm- what a clever idea!!! I love the gymnastics marathon idea and I am not even the one looking for ideas! Such a great idea though!

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back