Parents Good Thoughts Please, Healing Vibes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

krisnkids

Proud Parent
I am about to head out to dd's orthopedic appointment for her possible wrist fracture. The pediatrician said, 'calcification on the distal ulna'. Have to wait to see what ortho says now.

I am about to head out to dd's orthopedic appointment for her possible wrist fracture. The pediatrician said, 'calcification on the distal ulna'. Have to wait to see what ortho says now.

What happened? Quick healing thoughts coming her way.

Sent from my ADR6400L using ChalkBucket mobile app

Well she has a stress fracture. Two weeks in a cast and 'we'll see' after that. Missing back to back meets this weekend and next. States are in 4 weeks, not very hopeful on that.

We really have no idea what she did.

So sorry to hear that it's a stress fracture and she'll be out at the end of the season :( That really stinks!

Sent from my N860 using ChalkBucket mobile app

That really stinks... Start prepping her now about missing states so its not a major hit when the time comes. 2 weeks in a cast isn't too bad but she will still be sore and will have lost some range of motion. Depending on her level, she may br able to pull it off with a good brace, but not likely. BUT - she will be set for New season training, so that's a plus. Just trying to offer a positive spin.....

Sent from my ADR6400L using ChalkBucket mobile app

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. When we were at the doc I was thinking states were 5 weeks away, forgetting that Feb had only 28 days. Doc thought we'd be pushing it for 5 weeks. She's only a 4, it will probably be her last competition, being 13, high school etc, I doubt she will keep going, especially after coming back after a 4 year furlough. I think if anything she can do everything but floor for states, the stress of tumbling I think would just be too much, not to mention getting the shoulder flexibility back after not being able to do a bridge for 4 weeks is not going to come easily.

Hopefully, even if she can't compete at States, there is some sort of end-of-year banquet or something where she can celebrate her successes in the sport. I'm sure that what she learned in gymnastics will serve her well, even if she doesn't continue. Healing fairies sent your way!

Hopefully if she can't compete at states, she will still have her mobility score to work toward the next level. ~~~~Healing vibes~~~

So sorry to hear that. My DD is in the injury boat but with her ankle. she won't be recovered enough to qualify for states so she is disapointed but wants to be healed for the next seasons so she knows its for the best. Won't stop her from cheering her team mates on though.

Hope the healing faries give her a speedy recovery

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back