Not open for further replies.

GymnastAlly04

Former Gymnast
Proud Parent
Gymnast
Apr 25, 2017
Country
USA
Hey guys so as I guys know summer practice is coming up which means lots of conditioning and hot weather!

I am looking for a hairstyle that will work for me

I have hair about 3-5 inches below my shoulder and fairly thick hair

I want a hairstyle that will stay in fairly well instead of me having to redo my hair 10 times.
Normal ponytails don't won't because in many skills on floor I tend to step on my hair
Buns aren't right either because they end up falling out anyways and having to redo them takes to long

Do u guys have any hairstyles they might work for my hair because o need something maybe a video to go along with it because I am not very good at hair
THANKYOU

Jard.the.gymnast

Coach
Coach
Former Gymnast
Gymnast
Apr 12, 2017
Country
Netherlands
My hair is comparable with yours and what works for me is a high ponytail ( if i have time with a french braid into it) and then i braid the hair in my high ponytail. And i feel your struggle with buns!
View attachment 6699
random picture, but you get the idea

nichole

Gymnast
May 4, 2017
Country
USA
I have extreme long hair, but I refuse to cut it.
My hair is out of my way when I have one braided pony tail. It is not up on a pony tail; it is braided down started at the bottom of my head.
Yeah, the buns do not work at all..

Jumpygymnast

Gymnast
Jul 30, 2017
Country
USA
I know it's a little late, but I always wear my hair in two braids with about a million bobby pins! It sounds weird, but I can't wear ponytails without it falling out because my hair is very thick as well.

Flippin' Madison

Gymnast
Sep 16, 2017
Country
USA
I do a high ponytail, then pull my hair into the hair try again, but I only pull it through halfway. It stays in and keeps it out of the way. Also, I wear a thin athletic headband too.

kiwi2406

Coach
Coach
Proud Relative
Gymnast
Dec 6, 2017
New Zealand
Country
New Zealand
I usually do a french braid into a high pony going into a floppy bun. And use lots of hairclips :) It keeps hair off your neck and out of your way without taking more than a few seconds to redo if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.