Off Topic Halloween Costumes!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We have fun with halloween too. My oldest is a Halloween baby so we try to work with her whims. She would love the bride corpse costume. I wish I was so creative! Our gym hosts a Halloween meet (which doesn't conflict with the actual date. Hooray!) and it has been fun doing the costumes with all the moms this year. It is level 4 - 10 and each level has a category. Last year 5's were mummies. The mom in charge (mic) came up with 101 dalmations. So we wrapped them up in polka dot mummy outfits with little tails and ears. The coach who walked them out was dressed as Cruela de Vil. He really vamped it up and it brought down the house. The opts do amazing things with their category bc the numbers are smaller and normally the gymnasts come up with their own ideas. The mic for this year is so creative - she has the cutest idea for witches. I will post pics after the meet!

0.o A local swing dance venue place is having a costume contest.

I ask the chalkbucket community: Is it cheating for a former gymnast turned coach to go as a gymnast?

I am wearing my costume right now.

Why?

Just because.

Have I mentioned that halloween is my favorite holiday?

costumes 2010

sportyfam5-albums-haloween-2010-picture3404-leg-lamp.jpg

sportyfam5, those pictures are incredible!! I love the washing line!

I'm not going anywhere this year, but this is a picture of my last costume. I was a student at the time, and on an incredibly limited budget, so I knocked this up out of a bedsheet and a net curtain. (It is ankle-length, and there's a bloodspattered veil you can't see properly.) Including the flowers and fake blood, it all came to about £7.50!

terpsikhore-albums-offtopic-picture3411-budget-halloween-costume-made-out-bedsheet-net-curtain.jpg

We got a little intense with the sticky jewels here:

10nfev8.jpg

but at least my hair looks AMAZING:

1j28vq.jpg

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back