WAG Juniors

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jabba

Coach
Not to take away from the seniors, but is anyone else far more excited by what the usa juniors are doing? I've been watching Bailie Key for years (which is crazy, consider she's barely a teen) and I'm also thoroughly impressed with lauren hernandez, among others, who's from my state. MG elite aka Monmouth seems to have exploded onto the scene. And there are just so many great juniors in general.

Yes I too am more excited for juniors because there are quite a few NJ girls. We got to see Laurie at the meet dds gym hosted this past year and she is so fun to watch!

I too am more excited watching the juniors. To me, they just seem more dynamic. There certainly are more stumbles but watching the little bodies perform big skills is truly exciting.

Simone Biles is such a powerful gymnast. But with my dance background and attention to my preferred graceful lines gymnasts make in space, the more muscular lines are not as appealing to me.

I think the juniors are so entertaining! I LOVE laurie Hernandez. She is the total package in my opinion.

Some of the Juniors are spectacular. Laurie, Baily, Norah, Regan and some of the others are all fun to watch. I'm also hoping that Grace Quinn does really well in the future,

I love the juniors as well!! Amelia will always be one of my favorite gymnasts! I also love Nica, she has such clean routines! Norah and Grace Quinn are adorable to watch! Laurie's dance is beautiful, so are the rest of the girls from her gym!
Emily Gaskins also has beautiful dance!!
And of course Bailey did a great job!

I think in the years just after an Olympic cycle, the juniors are always more fun to watch. These coaches know what to do to please Marta after all these years. This is the time for the juniors to make a name and get the experience so they're ready for Rio.

My guess is that the majority, if not all, of the 2016 team will be girls who are currently juniors.

The 2016 Team will have three gymnasts with 2.5 Yurchenkos and 3 gymnasts with strings of D and E flight connections on bars. Only 5 go and beam and fx will be filled with gymnasts who also have vault or bar routines. Gymnasts in beam lineup will have strong D/E dance (must be flexible) coupled with all D/E acro connections. The gymnasts closest on bars are Dowell and Schennikova. Many gymnasts are too far behind even now to learn such a bar routine in time. It is difficult to tell who will be able to vault 2.5s or 3.0s with a healthy 16+ year old body like Maroney, but Agrapides has a spectacular vault. Dowell, Ross, Price, Dennis and Hernandez are likely to have great vaults AND bars which will make them very important to international teams. What sells in the United States when you are 13 years old is not necessarily what sells to an international judging panel for 16-19 year olds, but gymnasts with Kyla Ross lines and effortless construction always score beautifully. In the end, only around 8-10 gymnasts will actually be healthy, but we have to hope for the best.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back