WAG L6 Tumbling Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

curlygirls

Proud Parent
Would these passes fulfill the requirements for L6 tumbling:

Front handspring-front layout-front bounder

Running punch front tuck

Dd has beautiful front tumbling, but is dealing with vestibular issues on back tumbling, and while she's working through them in practice to prepare for L7, we'd like to avoid back tumbling in meets this season if possible. Would this work?

I just downloaded this for Pink as we were looking at US levels and trying to compare them to our UK levels, for 6 is says this

FLOOR (Max. time: 1:15)
1. One acro series, with a min. of 3 directly connected acro flight elements, with or without hand support
2. One salto or aerial acro element (bwd, fwd, swd) or (Isolated or in a 2nd series)
3. Dance Passage w/ min. of 2 different Group 1 elements (directly or indirectly connected)-one a LEAP w/180° cross or side split
4. Minimum of 360° turn on one foot (May be isolated or in a series)

I think you have to go backwards. There was a girl on my daughter's L6 team last year that couldn't go backwards. She did a 3 connected front series and an isolated ft and her start value was 9.5.

I just downloaded this for Pink as we were looking at US levels and trying to compare them to our UK levels, for 6 is says this

Thanks! If I'm understanding this correctly, I think the passes I posted meet those requirements, but I'd still love to hear from others who are more knowledgeable.

Dd also has a switch leap to straddle jump that hits 180 degrees, and a full turn, so that should cover the other 2 requirements.

I think you have to go backwards. There was a girl on my daughter's L6 team last year that couldn't go backwards. She did a 3 connected front series and an isolated ft and her start value was 9.5.

Thanks, do you happen to remember what her 3 connected elements were in the front series?

Yes, she just did 3 FHS step outs. She was coming back from an elbow injury. Her mom told me about the lower start value because she couldn't go backwards and I saw the judge change the SV card after. I assumed her mom was correct about the reason.

Yes, she just did 3 FHS step outs. She was coming back from an elbow injury. Her mom told me about the lower start value because she couldn't go backwards and I saw the judge change the SV card after. I assumed her mom was correct about the reason.

Ahh, the mother was incorrect. The three FHS steps outs were the problem, not the lack of backwards skills. Only the first two FHSs counted for credit and if the three element acro series does not contain a salto/aerial, the COP specifies that all three elements must be recognized as value parts. If the competitor in question had done FHS-FHS-RO or FWO-FHS-FHS or some permutation with no more than two of any given skill, she would have had a 10.0 SV.

Curlygirls, those two passes do fulfill the requirements for L6. Since there are no composition requirements at L6, there is also not a deduction for the lack of back tumbling.

Would these passes fulfill the requirements for L6 tumbling:

Front handspring-front layout-front bounder

Running punch front tuck

Dd has beautiful front tumbling, but is dealing with vestibular issues on back tumbling, and while she's working through them in practice to prepare for L7, we'd like to avoid back tumbling in meets this season if possible. Would this work?
Yes, these passes would work. There is no backward requirement :)
The funny thing is that technically, last year, the series of three acro skills could be with or WITHOUT flights we had a girl do FWO-FWO-RO and a FT.

DD had a teammate last year who had backward issues and had only front tumbling for L6. She did beautifully and had a 10.0 start value.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back