WAG Meet Hairstyles?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey Everyone,

I was just wondering, how do you, or your DD wear your hair to meets? Does your gym have a required hairstyle? Also, do you have hair scrunchies, regular hair bows, or cheer bows?

In the past, my gym has had required hairstyles for the Level 4s and under, as well as Bronze. They had to wear a left side bun with a hair ribbon one of the coaches makes, that are in our team colors.

My level hasn't had a required hair style, so I usually wore it in a ponytail, or a bun if I had a back roll of some sort in my routine. This year, I don't know what my gym's going to require.

I'm just curious. Haha

Thanks!

Savannah

No required hair styles. I think one of the L3 mom's made bows or something though for the girls. My DD wore the spiderweb one for her fun meet, and my niece has worn that quite a few times for her meets. I think it looks really cool, and lasts a few days. Well, on most kids it does. Mine wants it out before bed because it "bothers her" to sleep. ;-)

In the past, our team has girls either wear a bun (with the scrunchie that came with the leo) or in a ponytail that is curled in what I call the 'Irish Dancer' look. My daughter always wants the curls so I'm thinking of buying a fake hair piece as curling her hair typically takes over an hour.

We don't have a requirement for our hairstyles so I always wore mine with a french twist in the front into a ponytail or messy bun, then put the scrunchie that comes with the leo around it. But thanks for the idea about bows! i think I might try and make one!

Our girls always, always, always wear a bun. We were told that if a ponytail touches the ground during a handstand or backbend kickover or some other skill, it counts as a fall. And the judges out here judge that way, too. My dd's head coach says hair that is distracting can be deducted, too.

We require our girls to have it in such a way that it does not move. One bun, 2 buns, french braids, something fancy on top into one or more buns, I care not. But it cannot touch the mats or the trampoline.

When I was coaching artistic, I just wanted it up out of their faces in a way that would stay back. Some of them wore french braids, some wore spiderweb into a ponytail.

...I do a lot of hair in a season.

I just do a plain ponytail with a scrunchy. Said ponytail is pin straight, COMPLETELY slicked back with zero flyaways, or else I have to redo the whole thing.

I do boring hair but wear a little sparkly eyeliner so it's not too dull :)

DD's team has matching hair ribbons they need to wear, but otherwise the style doesn't really matter. We've experimented with some different things, but last year it mostly ended up in a bun.

Lower levels all had to keep their hair cut to shoulder length so their ponytails were short. They wore ponytails with the scrunchies. Our upper levesl do what they want as long their hair is secure and not touching floor or vault table when upside down. Usually they wear the leo scrunchies.

My dd has pretty long hair and I think head coach is wanting her to cut it. I normally break it into a couple of braids for the meets and then curl it so it isn't as long. Sadly, I think I may have to take her to get a few inches cut off :eek:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back