WAG Moving from Xcel to DP

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter has been interested in doing DP for a very long time. She is by far the hardest worker and all of her current and past coaches has acknowledged that.
In June 2022 she tried out for a DP team at another gym but ended up not doing it due to concerns there. We needed to move gyms anyway so we settled for what seemed like a promising xcel platinum team because time was running out to leave the other gym. We had to move gyms again in October as the gym was absolutely horrendous.
The gym that we are now at for platinum has DP and is very welcoming of all athletes. The only problem is that my daughter is in the class of 2026 and yet only has the skills of a level 6/7. She does have a tsuk to competition mats though. Would it be realistic to make a move to DP at this point in her career?

Why not give it a try if the gym is willing to move her? If she isn't happy with DP she can always move back, but if she doesn't give it a try she may always have regrets.

My daughter has been interested in doing DP for a very long time. She is by far the hardest worker and all of her current and past coaches has acknowledged that.
In June 2022 she tried out for a DP team at another gym but ended up not doing it due to concerns there. We needed to move gyms anyway so we settled for what seemed like a promising xcel platinum team because time was running out to leave the other gym. We had to move gyms again in October as the gym was absolutely horrendous.
The gym that we are now at for platinum has DP and is very welcoming of all athletes. The only problem is that my daughter is in the class of 2026 and yet only has the skills of a level 6/7. She does have a tsuk to competition mats though. Would it be realistic to make a move to DP at this point in her career?
My daughter moved from Xcel Platinum to JO Level 6. Diamond therefore should be fine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back