Coaches Solutions for grips that are too big?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Cinzia Hooyer

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
Hello everyone :)
One of my gymnasts is very stubborn and independent and has recently bought grips without consulting me or the other coaches first. We are a very small club and out of everyone there, I am the only one who uses grips. She came to me today to ask for help on breaking them in but I noticed that they are way too big for her. She can fully stretch her hand and her grips are a size bigger than mine while her hands are smaller than mine! She has already used them so they can't be returned. She said that her mother probably wouldn't want them to be sold on ebay but I haven't talked to her yet. The girl asked me if there was any way for her to still be able to use them even if they were too big. Does anyone have any tips for me?

Talk to the mum. Get them to put the grips away for a couple of years, and buy smaller ones. Explain the very serious safety issues around wearing grips that are too big.

Hello everyone :)
One of my gymnasts is very stubborn and independent and has recently bought grips without consulting me or the other coaches first. We are a very small club and out of everyone there, I am the only one who uses grips. She came to me today to ask for help on breaking them in but I noticed that they are way too big for her. She can fully stretch her hand and her grips are a size bigger than mine while her hands are smaller than mine! She has already used them so they can't be returned. She said that her mother probably wouldn't want them to be sold on ebay but I haven't talked to her yet. The girl asked me if there was any way for her to still be able to use them even if they were too big. Does anyone have any tips for me?

no. throw them out or give them to someone else who will fit them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back