Welcome Gymnastics Fans!

ChalkBucket was created in September of 2005 to help everyone learn more about gymnastics.

Joining ChalkBucket not only allows you access to the main forums... but also to our "Social Groups". Around 25% of our conversations now happen in the "Social Groups" which are only available to members.

Sophia 2018 Nationals

Discussion in 'Women's Artistic Gymnastics (WAG)' started by lovofu, May 15, 2018.

1. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times!

First event was beam (best event) odd fall (47th/56th)

Floor AWESOME Second Place (climbed to 28th/56th)

Vault SWEET 9th place (climbed to 15th/56th)

Bars So nice to see that great routine with upgraded dismount 3rd place (9th/56th AA)

Was awesome to see the fight and that she didn't get rattled!

2. She really came back strong. If she was rattled from that fall you sure cannot tell. Beautiful as always. Her bars are looking fab.

lovofu, PinPin, chalkbowl and 2 others like this.
  3. Wow, amazing as always! Congrats to her and thank you for sharing her videos :)

lovofu, PinPin and Mish like this.
  4. beautiful gymnastics.

lovofu likes this.
  5. She’s amazing! Thank you for sharing!!

lovofu likes this.
  6. as always beautiful to watch- just love her vault and her bars-- she continues to improve- so amazing!

lovofu likes this.
  7. Amazing! Thanks for sharing!

8. Wow! She's incredible! And can I also add that whoever was filming did a fabulous job at not reacting to the fall on beam? Whenever I catch a fall on video I always gasp or sigh or something and then I wish I hadn't!

btbmot, John and Mrs. Puma like this.
  9. Yes, I definitely said a naughty word on tape once..sigh...

PinPin, txgymfan, tpMom and 1 other person like this.
  10. And THAT'S the way it's done, ladies and gentlemen. Bravo Sophia!

PinPin and Mrs. Puma like this.
  11. Congrats!!!

lovofu likes this.

12. Amazing!! Do you feel like the scoring was consistent across sessions? Based on the videos that I have seen there is a huge difference is the connections and presentations and skill level between the veterans and the first year level 10s.

13. GOSH hard to say...there are first year 10's in every age group I think and though Sophia is a veteran, she got hammered when she fell on beam. I think by and large that scoring is tight the first rotation in every session and fair across that session. I watched some later routines that seemed to get a bit higher score than they would have in an earlier session which is why you can't compare AA scores very accurately!

John likes this.
  14. Thanks!!! It was actually fun to watch the climb!!!

15. LOL I pay for the experts to get that video. I definitely said a not nice word when she fell!

Mama Duck, Mamabear123, Mish and 3 others like this.
  16. She looked great!!

17. The upgraded dismount looks awesome! She is all set to make the lineup on every event now, can't wait to see her in NCAA.

18. She is so fun to watch! Congrats on a fantastic nationals!!

19. Thank you for sharing! So impressed with her mental toughness!

Mrs. Puma likes this.
  20. She is such a lovely gymnast! Congratulations to her, and thank you for sharing the videos.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice