WAG Stick with it?!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Recently two of my best gym buddies decided to quit. I am devastated. At my gym we always have a partner and now I won't have one. I am always really lonely. I miss them. Gymnastics just isn't the same without them... Advice to keep going would be greatly appreciated!

Your name says it all... "gymnast forever" ... people will come and go. You will find someone else to partner with. Maybe this will be a chance to expand your friend pool (and who knows... your friends may miss it and return - it has been known to happen).

Just remember that you are in gymnastics for YOU... and not for other people.

Keep your chin up... good luck.

Last year, one of my best friends quit. It was hard at first, but I met new girls in my group and now I have another best friend. Having a girl quit doesn't mean that you will never see them again. Make plans to get together. Stick with it and you will come out stronger in the end.

Your name says it all... "gymnast forever" ... people will come and go. You will find someone else to partner with. Maybe this will be a chance to expand your friend pool (and who knows... your friends may miss it and return - it has been known to happen).

Just remember that you are in gymnastics for YOU... and not for other people.

Keep your chin up... good luck.

^^ Excellent advice!

My DD has lost a couple of friends to quitting, one girl to injuries and repeating levels... but she loves gymnastics too much to let it get her down. If YOU love gymnastics, then stick with it and meet new friends to partner with.

This happened to my kid and she wasn't even really close to her teammate as there is an over 5 year difference...but it was the only teammate at her level. Luckily, another girl (also over 5 years older, it is what it is) who is lovely has come back from injury and so she has someone to train with again. My kid did and does know she is not doing it for anyone else but her, but she did feel a bit of sadness when the first girl left. Hang in there!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back