Parents Summer Camps

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kitkat

Proud Parent
Hi there...I know that this question has been asked before but I thought I would get a refresh of responses.

I am looking to send my daughter to summer camp this summer.
She has been to Woodward a couple of times and last year went to Chicago Institute. She liked them both for very different reasons.

I am looking for camp suggestions. We live in Canada so travel will be required where ever we go.

She is currently training level 9&10 US levels. So I am looking for something where she will work hard and train new big skills.

Thanks...kat

She has done Woodward a couple of times. She really enjoyed it. She wants to go with one of her BFFs and they would not be guaranteed to be in the same room as her BFF is 13. She would never go if she couldn't be together. Honestly I would be more comfortable if they were together too.
A friend of mine's daughter has been to IGC several times and she loved it. her daughter has no problems going on her own. Mine would never. :)

Have you considered IGC? If we had the money, half of our team would be there every summer for a week (or 2... or 3), lol
http://www.internationalgymnastics.com/
Good luck!

Ashyflashy, we do not allow members to use other people's accounts, even their mom's permission. I am putting a warning on this account and telling you clearly that it is against CB policy to use another person's account. Please create your own account if you are 14 if you are not 14 wait until then and make your own account. If both of you continue to use one account the account will be banned and future accounts from the same computer will also be banned. This is for your safety and the safety of our members.

I apologize on behalf of my daughter. She didn't know these rules. We respect the policies and she will not continue to post. So sorry!

Thank you. We have had people on CB in the past who have pretended to be someone they are not. Your Daughter is welcome to make her own account if she is over 14.

She isn't over 14. I was aware of those rules. Thought it was great for her to be able to talk to other gymnasts. Didn't mean to disrespect. Happy New Years!!

My daughter went to IGC last summer and loved every minute of it. She went with a good friend from her team and they were in the same cabin. I was really big on them being together, especially since it was her first time away at camp. The funny thing is that she hung out with the other girls in her cabin more than her friend from the team. This year she is going alone and isn't the least bit hesitant. If you are looking for your daughter to practice big skills IGC is definitely going to give you that. Last year the junior national team from Australia was at IGC the same time as my daughter.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back