tumbling endurance?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

im okay for most of my routine, and then i come to the end.. oh boy. the roundoff bhs bhs is killin' my scores. i either don't go for it, or i do and i like...do a bent arms and leg crunchyish...2nd bhs. My legs are like jello! my coach is also starting to get really mad, so i really want to improve on it. Any excersises or drills i can do at home to improve my endurance for my ROBHSBHS at the end of my routine? ( competing level five )

What we used to do in the gym for the last tumbling pass was jog around the floor three times, do our first pass, and jog around three more times, do the second pass, repeat. You can do this on your own just by jogging around the floor while waiting for your turn. After a couple passes your legs will feel like jello and then you can get it some good practice tumbling while you're tired. The most important thing is to stay tight.

cardio. like sprints for 30 seconds after each pass then continue with the routine.

Running is a good idea. If leg strength is the problem, try some squats and heel risers.

But really, your coach should be handling this. Instead of getting mad, maybe he should try, oh, I don't know, coaching....

What we do for our floor routine is we do a floor routine full tumble then run around the floor 10 times then do a floor routine with half tumble (i.e. round off bhs instead of bhs bhs etc) then run around the flor 10 more times and you're done. It works wonders.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back