Width of Hotshots and Pixie grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thanks gymdog. I am going to order the Hot Shots for her. She says they feel better on the bar. I decided against letting her use the used ones after my other thread. The grip itself seems fine, but the wristband is a little too used and I think it best to get another pair. I appreciate your input. I think the Bailies are just too big for her. They are the Narrow Women's Dowel Grips.

The second pair is a better fit. It's hard to say whether they're safe to use from a picture. I would have the coaches look at them, they should evaluate it. I would look them over for wear, look at them on her, and have her try them carefully just hanging from the bar. It's not something I would say is never okay in any circumstances, but I would be cautious about it.

The first ones are too wide at the top where the fingers are. I'm surprised they're that wide actually, compared to the base. It looks like pretty much a standard size on top but just with a narrower base, which is definitely what I would expect from a grip that it supposed to be cut narrow. But either way there shouldn't be that much space next to the holes, so I'm just confused. My grips don't have that much material. Weird. They also look a bit too long but it could be how her hand is positioned in the picture.

Should have said definitely not what I would expect. But I guess it depens on what they are intended to be, I guess just a narrower base? I still think the top part looks kind of unusually wide on the hand (on the outsides of the finger holes). I just got out my grips to look at them, and that part of the top is about a half centimeter or less. In the first picture that part looks bigger.

I would order the Hot Shots, too. Hopefully the new ones should break in well and work as well as the ones she tried on.

Thanks gymdog,

Right under the dowel, they are 1 7/8" and 1 3/8" at the wristband. But the taper isn't really until lower down. I will keep them for her as back up. I think maybe if she is used to using grips, she can at least get by with them if something happens to her new ones. I will keep the old Hot Shots, too, just in case.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back