2020 Olympics.....which city?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Uglybetty

Proud Parent
In about 2 hours time we'll know where the 2020 Olympics will be held. Which city - Madrid, Tokyo or Istanbul get's your vote? My DD turns 16 in 2020 so she's very interested in the outcome because like most little girls it's her dream.

Dd also turns 16 in 2020, she wants to go to Tokyo preferably, or Madrid will do.

I dont really know which city id prefer, i think Tokyo would be a great city to host it. My dd will be 14 in 2020 but the olympics is also her big dream

OOOOh, I would like Madrid, my cousin lives in Spain. But I would think its a slim chance that Europe will get it again so sooon

Madrid has been eliminated. It's between Tokyo and Istanbul now. Either would be a nice cultural change, so I don't mind. Istanbul would be easier to get to, but would we go? Probably not in reality.

I commented that they were making the decision earlier and dd said "oh is that for the olympics I might be going to?". It made me smile and I was pleasantly surprised that she still has that belief. I thought, having realised that even in her own club there are girls who are pulling away from her, let alone in all the other clubs, she might not have the certainty anymore and she hasn't said anything about those dreams for a while but I'm sort of glad she still has them.

I'm not sure my DD will be impressed that Tokyo got it....she wanted Istanbul. When she mentions her "O" dream I don't discourage her. I usually say that if she lasts that long, and her gym sticks to past form, it's likely that she will know or train with at least one of the 2020 team - it might be her if she works exceptionally hard and has a fair degree of luck and talent, but if not she'll know she gave it her best shot. I often look around at the other kids her age in her gym and wonder....will it be you?

Well I hold no illusions about P&F making any national team, but I don't tell her that !

I told her it would be nice to place top 20 in her next comp ( out of 38) - No Mum she says - I'm going to place lol

Caught her practicing how to stand on the Podium today - that is something she gets from her dad and it did make me smile :)

I don't discourage them, but I don't exactly encourage them either. By that, I just mean that I don't personally bring up any talk of hopes and dreams for her.

DD used to bring up those dreams all the time, but hasn't for a while. I thought maybe she was moving away from them, but it seems she's just getting on with it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back