Parents 2nd meet report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NGL780309

So DD's team had their second meet this past weekend. If you recall, my DD isn't competing yet because she's not 6, so just supporting her teammates.

I think there were definitely some improvments from the 1st meet. As a team the floor scores were in the mid 8 to high 8 range. We did have one 9. We also had one 4.500. It was so sad. The poor girl, who got a mid 8 last meet, just forgot her routine and stood there for most of the routine crying. 2 girls placed on floor.

Vault went really well. Everyone got a 9 at least with a few 9.5's in there. Unfortunately the 9.5 was only 10th place. The vault scores were crazy high! There were many 9.9's.

Bars was better than last meet overall, but we still had a 6 something and a few 7's and the rest were 8's.

Beam was a bad event for our entire team. Girls were basically hitting the routine and scoring a 7.00. All the little mistakes were just adding up. Does anyone know what the deduction is on the heel snap turn if you don't pause with you foot up after the turn, but step down to basically keep from falling?

I know I mentioned this before, but I still find it so crazy that I need to say it. There is one team that had several girls get 9.8's and 9.9's across the board. Even on bars! On bars they were almost casting to handstand before their backhip circle. Why are they doing level 4? They are all 2nd years and some are 3rd year!!!!! Their parents were telling us their gym really believes in letting them have success at these levels since most girls never make it to optionals. And this gym rarely has optionals. I just don't understand why anyone would need to do 3 years of Level 4. It's completely absurd. They don't make it to optionals because they are probably so sick of that level 4 music that they quit! They do train higher level skills. The parents said most are training some level 6 skills. I just don't get it.

I just don't get it either--maybe their gym has no optionals because girls get tired of doing the same level for so many years!

"I know I mentioned this before, but I still find it so crazy that I need to say it. There is one team that had several girls get 9.8's and 9.9's across the board. Even on bars! On bars they were almost casting to handstand before their backhip circle. Why are they doing level 4? They are all 2nd years and some are 3rd year!!!!! Their parents were telling us their gym really believes in letting them have success at these levels since most girls never make it to optionals. And this gym rarely has optionals. I just don't understand why anyone would need to do 3 years of Level 4. It's completely absurd. They don't make it to optionals because they are probably so sick of that level 4 music that they quit! They do train higher level skills. The parents said most are training some level 6 skills. I just don't get it. "

Silly. Yes, I agree...and if that is the case, I'd rather my dd just get those "okay" scores and move her way steady on up to optionals where she can have some real fun. I think I'd have to shoot myself if I had to practice and compete to that same music for three whole years...ugh!!

Nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks that music is gonna send me to the nuthouse. It's even gotten to the point when the girls practice with the guy saying the instructions with the music all the parents and saying it along with him!!!!:eek:

On the Snap Turn -if they drop their heel it is actually a 1/2 turn so they do not get credit for the skill. The deduction would be the value of the skill.

I would not worry to much about scores at there age and level. I think those gyms that are having them repeat with those scores and abilities are just unethical. It is one thing to repeat my daughter repeated 4 but did not have her front hip and was no where near her kip did not make it to states that is one thing. The sad thing is it is unfair for the others making it more difficult for them to place. There should be a law ! I think it is also unfair the amount of hours that some gyms have their compulsarys practicing.

I completely agree with this!

I would not worry to much about scores at there age and level. I think those gyms that are having them repeat with those scores and abilities are just unethical. It is one thing to repeat my daughter repeated 4 but did not have her front hip and was no where near her kip did not make it to states that is one thing. The sad thing is it is unfair for the others making it more difficult for them to place. There should be a law ! I think it is also unfair the amount of hours that some gyms have their compulsarys practicing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back