MAG 2nd meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
So glad to have this one over! It was a big one. I know there were 94 total level 5's and I believe around 70 were in my ds's age group!!

He started rough....14.1 on p's after missing all 3 handstands :( He has to get these stinking things!! LOL!! The bane of his meets :) (12th place). Any tips on this would be helpful!!! LOL!!

After that he rocked! My ds has consistently scored in the 12-13 on HB for 3 years (levels 4 and 5). This meet.. 15.2 and 4th place! The rest: Floor: 15.6 (1st), Pommel 15.3 (1st), Rings 15.2 (7th), Vault 14.3 (12th).

His goal this year is an AA of 90. He hit 89.8 this week. Tied for 1st but took 2nd on the tie breaker (the kid who took 1st had a 15.9 on rings! :eek:

2 weeks off and I am so glad. This one was exhausting :)

Congratulations to your son, that's awesome. I agree, meet season is exhausting. We have three weekends in a row!

The only tip I have which helped my son with his handstands is to make PVC parellel bars and have him practice at home. It is supper easy even my husband did it (LOL). He just got some PVC pipes form Home Depot.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back