Parents 5 Telltale signs that sports moms are crazy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

You don't cook worth beans yet you must create something out of nothing, because your daughter eats dinner in the car most nights. YOU don't eat at all.

Your house looks clean because you are never there. However, your car looks like arse because you live in it.

OMG this is so true. You just described my entire life.

You have documented video evidence that you have memorized the compulsory routines in excruciating detail, because on one of those videos you can hear yourself saying "Sh*t, he missed a swing!"

You send DH to a meet with your child with the admonishment to "take pictures!" and he comes home -- literally -- with 500 of them.

You actually know a few places on the web where you can look up the answer to "what value is a a blah blah?"

You have actually cried tears of joy seeing a child other than your own do some fairly basic skill at a meet because you know that child has been struggling with that skill.

You have documented video evidence that you have memorized the compulsory routines in excruciating detail, because on one of those videos you can hear yourself saying "Sh*t, he missed a swing!"

You send DH to a meet with your child with the admonishment to "take pictures!" and he comes home -- literally -- with 500 of them.

You actually know a few places on the web where you can look up the answer to "what value is a a blah blah?"

You have actually cried tears of joy seeing a child other than your own do some fairly basic skill at a meet because you know that child has been struggling with that skill.

Lol that happened when DH was videotaping and dd fell off beam. Also relate to tears for other gymmies especially at the upper levels! Theses kids are amazing to do this :)

And then you realize your child has no off season.......

This!! Other sports moms just look at me like I have 8 heads when I mention that dd only gets one week off per year.

This too...we just get so invested in all the kids...I think it makes it that much better :)

- When you have to buy a mouth guard to wear at the meets because your are so tense.

- When you schedule long distance meets and use them as your vacation

- When you start giving points value for peoples parking, driving, and your own food grilling skills. lol

Yeah, dude, so maybe that trout almondine hollandaise kind of sucked, but the start value was around a 17!
Yes, fellow gymnutters, we definitely get the gold for craziness among sports parents. Happily being the competitive loonies we are, we obviously can view this achievement with a glow of pride, and fondly mutter to ourselves the hallowed words (all together now):

it's not a sprint, it's a marathon
:)

You don't cook worth beans yet you must create something out of nothing, because your daughter eats dinner in the car most nights. YOU don't eat at all.

Your house looks clean because you are never there. However, your car looks like arse because you live in it.

OMG-YES!!! I just posted something to facebook about my dinner being prosciutto and wine tonight!

And this!!! One girl got her back flip at practice the other night and it was just her dad and I who clapped for her. It was such a big moment for her and the look on her face was priceless! I don't understand how the other parents present (who know what a big deal it was) didn't clap-was wondering if it was just because I am a teacher-glad to know it's because I'm a CGM!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back