WAG ab strength

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

K

katlinchen

Yesterday a new girl (13 years) came into the gym. She never did gymnastics, never did any hanging leg raises, V-Ups etc. All she did was normal crunches amd sit-ups and a lot of L-sits and V-sits at home, because her brother and father do them a lot on their parallettes and she trained with them.

She tried hanging leg raises on stall bars the first time yesterday, but was able to rock out 15!

So my question: V-Ups and V-Sits, Hanging-Leg Raises, L-Sits - do they all train the same muscles? Is it possible to just train one of those exercises but be really good at it and master the other easily?

What should the perfect ab-workout cover? And how long should it be how many minutes and times per week?

it all works abs, however you should try and do all of them becasue it works different parts and you really need good ab strentgh! good luck!:)

Some kids are just lucky and have natural core strength, or have done a lot of tree climbing, swimming, bike riding, played tag, soccer, and others....... on a constant and daily basis. They come into a gym and see all the ab conditioning that takes place and think..... huh?

Some kids are just lucky and have natural core strength, or have done a lot of tree climbing, swimming, bike riding, played tag, soccer, and others....... on a constant and daily basis. They come into a gym and see all the ab conditioning that takes place and think..... huh?
yes i completely agree sometimes i go to open gyms to practice or help out and i see these six year old with six packs and im like what?! no fair! but honestly anyone can get abs super quick if they do the right thing, so that girl who came in did those stretches but also probably had a busy childhood!

yes i completely agree sometimes i go to open gyms to practice or help out and i see these six year old with six packs and im like what?! no fair! but honestly anyone can get abs super quick if they do the right thing, so that girl who came in did those stretches but also probably had a busy childhood!
:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back