Parents Advice for DIY bar at home

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

At my daughter previous gym, one Fall, there were 3 or 4 little girls, all in casts, from playing on those "safe" playground bars at school. My dd learned to do a pullover and back hip circle on a doorway chin-up bar when she was 3. After that, she used it for chin-ups, leg lifts, etc.. We were also told metal was a bad idea as it would tear up her hands, and all the time building calluses in the gym would be destroyed with too much time playing on a metal bar. I don't know if it's true or not, but we've gotten to the point now, that the chin-up bar sits idle most of the time anyway.

Coaches here are consistent in their dislike of any bar work at home aside from pull ups, L or V hangs and leg lifts. I would amaze myself if I could do any of the three. My pull up bar is a great clothes hanger for the next day's outfit.

Coaches here are consistent in their dislike of any bar work at home aside from pull ups, L or V hangs and leg lifts. I would amaze myself if I could do any of the three. My pull up bar is a great clothes hanger for the next day's outfit.

I have heard that running machines also make great clothes horses !

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back