Parents Advice on which GYM for 5 year old

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

NaisJones

Proud Parent
Hi I would like some advice please.

My Son joined a Gym in our town as he really wanted to try it after 11 weeks his coach told me he has a talent get him into a boy's club, we basically can't take him anywhere where just amateur club, So I got in touch with a BIG club in the city 30 miles away, and they had no spaces I then found a local one which has a boys club and he has been going a couple of weeks and liked it and did very well, The BIG club phoned and said they had a space so we went down to try and the coach was impressed and said he was a bit young for squad they have to be 6, he is 6 in August and said Maybe in 6 months he will be ready, he has talent. They have said they would like him to train there but doesn't have to could train at the local club and go back in 6 months to the big club.

So I just want to do what's best for my son, he said he likes the BIG one maybe because of the equipment and the squad he watched. I dunno what to do whether to keep him local or do both? HELP

I really think you can't go wrong, no matter what you pick. He is young, and has so many years ahead of him. Moves are tough, and it could be tougher to switch after 6 months at this one. OTOH, you don't want to burn him out.

I think, if it were me, I would do the 6 months closer and move when he is 6.

Thank you all for your replies, I think I will do the closer one for now and see how we are when he is 6. 6 Months is a long time and it's about him having fun.
:)

It's up to you and I don't think it'll make a huge difference, but it it's possible to bring him to the big club maybe on a weekend, it might help to be acclimated there when he's old enough for team. He could do the local club maybe on a weekday. Team will probably be 3 times a week to start, so two rec classes a week now might not be a terrible idea.

But I mean if the only opening at the big club is 20 minutes after school ends on Tuesday, I wouldn't bend over backwards to make it happen logistically. But I could see the benefits of enrolling there on a Saturday or something.

It's up to you and I don't think it'll make a huge difference, but it it's possible to bring him to the big club maybe on a weekend, it might help to be acclimated there when he's old enough for team. He could do the local club maybe on a weekday. Team will probably be 3 times a week to start, so two rec classes a week now might not be a terrible idea.

But I mean if the only opening at the big club is 20 minutes after school ends on Tuesday, I wouldn't bend over backwards to make it happen logistically. But I could see the benefits of enrolling there on a Saturday or something.

Hi Thank you, His local club is on a Saturday and have enrolled him at the " Big Club " on a Sunday to see how we get on, Thank you. My First Impressions of the Big club were amazing too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back