Parents Ages on Team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I agree with Gymmom495. If your daughter loves it and has talent, give her every opportunity to excel at the highest level! I am not even remotely in your boat, but I do receive some negative feedback due to the nine hours a week my 6yo dd will begin this summer. My response is that the real crazies are the parents of six year olds spending 30 hrs a week in the gym! Haha! Just kidding! If our children are safe and genuinely happy then we are doing alright!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Gymcritter- so sorry to hear that you are not getting support from your mom. If I were near you I would go :) and it's the parents I see in the gym who's kids are making every excuse to come off the floor and ask to go home, or the 1 parent (I am not making this up) who one time tried to do the level 4 beam routine during the girls Christmas party who are living out their failed dreams through their kids. Thank god we have moved gyms since then and are in a more serious training facility. I'm glad we have this site to have each other :)

the 1 parent (I am not making this up) who one time tried to do the level 4 beam routine during the girls Christmas party who are living out their failed dreams through their kids. :)

The visual of this makes me laugh out loud until I consider how sad it may actually be for the parent. How did she make out?:eek:

Sent from my SCH-I535 using ChalkBucket mobile app

It was embarrassing and I wasn't related to her. To top it off she of course couldn't even come close to doing most of the skills anyways. I just felt sorry for her, but it was funny :)

I'm glad someone asked this b/c you can add me to the list of SHOCKED at how young some girls ages are at higher levels! one of my girls just turned 8 and she just finished L4, and my other one just turned 10 and just finished L6. Both of them are one of the youngest on their team! I was feeling they were all advanced till I read here, LOL!!! There were 7 year olds almost 8, who got to compete as 7 year olds, but really they are only a few months younger than my daughter. Same on 6, all the youngest are 4th graders but some compete as 9's and some 10's. I can't even fathom a 7 year old L7 or 8 b/c in our gym at that age they are still on pre-team or L3!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back