Ankle and Knee Pain.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

frazzled_gymanst

Lately I've been experiencing some pain in my ankles and knees. It's not extremely painful or anything, but I'm just wondering if anyone has tips on stretches or something similar I can do to build up strength in them again.

A few notes:
-I'm 15yr/o, level 4, been doing gym for about 2yrs.
-I don't train really hard or get many injuries, I train an average of 2 days/wk
-about 9 months ago I sprained my left ankle playing netball, it healed in a few weeks and I had no problems with it

-About 7 weeks ago I sprained and pulled ligaments in my right ankle doing a jump full turn. I haven't been to gym since that.
-Both injuries had me on crutches for a while
-My right ankle still aches every now and then, and stepping onto angled ground it sends pain up my leg
-I jump on the trampoline and practice beam skills without pain
-Sometimes my ankles and knees feel like they need to be cracked, but they won't and they get sorer the more I walk.

Any advice would be great, Thanks.

i went to a physio because i hurt my ankle she gave me a list of exercises for it she said during add breaks on tv of a night to stand up on one foot and just balance on it during the week start balancing on it for longer and longer then start going on a rise up on ur toes. also she said to move it in circular movements just when sitting down and to flex and point and stand up and rise up on my toes and down :) goodluck

We generally don't like medical questions here; it's always best to talk to a doctor who has been able to examine you in person.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back