Parents Another newbie question: skipping levels

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

our gym scores out of level 5 and does lvl 6. we are in MA. i know of one gym that waits until the end of summer to see what skills their kids have to decide if they are going to do lvl 5 or 6. that would drive me batty, the not knowing.

but i would say it's about 50/50 here what the gyms do.
i looked at the # of gymnasts at each state meet and there were 217 in lvl 5 and 215 in lvl 6.

we did not see a lot of giants at the meets. we saw a couple at states but they tended to score lower than my dd who was doing a kip CH flyaway. i think mostly b/c their form wasn't where it needed to be and one may have actually fallen on the giant.

for me, i think this worked out best for my gymmie. she is solid on her KCH on both lower and upper bars and now that she is adding in giant, giant flyaway it seems as if it's coming easier for her than her kip CH flyaway did. i saw her doing KCHGGF tonight for the first time (on pit bar) and she has more control on her flyaway with a giant than a KCH. i was suitably impressed. i like that she had no pressure of getting KCH plus giants and was allowed to learn them and compete them in steps. now to get the free hip to handstand and put it all together!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back