Parents Anyone else feeling this way

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Midwestmommy

Proud Parent
Anyone else feeling all sappy as the school year and sports competition seasons have come to a close. I've listened to "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts three times today already. Anyone else have a sappy end of year song. Or a fav' heck ya it's summer song?

count yourself lucky, mine are only half way through the summer term. Last day of school is 24th July.

Summer term? Oh, no no no. I don't think I could handle that. It is killing my kids that the neighborhood pool is open and they are still in school for another week.

We are chomping at the bit to get started on our summer plans. I'm a little sappy about my youngest starting kindergarten in the fall, but other than that it's all excitement. :D

Anyone else feeling all sappy as the school year and sports competition seasons have come to a close. I've listened to "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts three times today already. Anyone else have a sappy end of year song. Or a fav' heck ya it's summer song?
Yes. I will have a senior and junior in high school and Dd gymmie will be in 7th so I am definitely feeling melancholy:( seems like yesterday that they we're in kindergarten. As for competition season -Dd was injured so we were in limbo but she is now looking forward to getting back her skills and training . I am looking forwarded to less running around and going to the shore :). "My wish"is now stuck in my head but I enjoy that song so it's a good way to start the day!

Just had 5th grade "Moving On" ceremony last night ;(
The kids all got up and sang "On Top of the World" by Imagine Dragons. I was good, until I read the lyrics... sniff..sniff...

Love summer! Get to see my girl more and it is so much more relaxed :) Plus, it's baseball season for us. I love baseball season :)

Well now that you mention the growing up part, I do feel a little sad...however mostly I am just hoping I make it to the end of the school year with my sanity. I would say the odds aren't good!

Ah. We just did YDDs 5th grade moving up last week. Can't believe she is already 10 and really can't believe both girls will be middle schoolers next year. I was researching schools for the move and realized I never will need to check elementary schools again. Only middle and high school. Sniff sniff. I am a Philly girl at heart, so for me it's not summer till I hear Summertime by will smith. lol

I can hardly believe that my little one is about to be a rising third grader, but summer mainly just makes me feel stressed. For my daughter it is three months of nonstop fun at a bunch of different day and overnight camps, but for me transportation is a nightmare since none of the camps are conveniently located, drop-off is too late, pickup is too early, and oh yeah, there is gymnastics practice too.

Phineas and Ferb did a really good summer song. But I am a little bit dreading summer. I'm a stay at home mom these days and my 3 crazy kids wear me out and tear up the house. Will be nice to get to the beach though, after the ice age that was this past winter.

Phineas and Ferb did a really good summer song. But I am a little bit dreading summer. I'm a stay at home mom these days and my 3 crazy kids wear me out and tear up the house. Will be nice to get to the beach though, after the ice age that was this past winter.
Yes! Today was the last day of school. It was only a half day....they had their end of the year party this morning. Can we please go home? Nope, momma is gonna enjoy 2 more hours of peace and quiet!!! Lol, they were beyond mad!

Usually I'm a little teary. Not this year. I'm just glad we (yes, I mean WE) survived 4th grade and never have to go back again.

Now the end of the competition season...THAT makes me a little sad since some girls will move up and some won't and that will affect our meet fun.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back