Parents Anyone with Patella problems

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

gymmom14

Proud Parent
Reaction score
DD has had knee pain on and off for about 2 years. We kept thinking she just had tendonitis. I took her to get checked out and she has patella femoral dysfunction aka knee cap tracking out of the grove it should be in. Anyway she is going for PT and we have been shown how to tape it. The tape has made a huge difference in supporting it in the right spot. I just ordered a brace for her knee since the tape is irritating her skin. Any one have any experience with this?

PS- they said this stems from her pronating her feet and now the muscles on the outside of her thigh and knee are much stronger than the ones on the inside of her leg.

in another post the user bigtiny metioned that her dd had this problem.so i would def ask her!

When I was 18 I had a problem with Patella femoral syndrome. I'm assuming this is the same problem. I had to do physiotherapy and my doctor prescribed a NSAID medication. My knees are fine now unless i decide to try running long distances or step aerobics then they start hurting again straight across the kneecap. From what I remember it was something to do with cartilage and tracking. Please bear in my this was almost 20 years ago for me. Good luck.

Little Monkey was diagnosed with patella femoral syndrome last May. She had PT from May-Nov and has been taped and also using the ChoPat strap. When she remembers to put the strap on, she feels fine, lol. She has not complained about the knee pain since stopping physical therapy

I am glad to hear that others have had a good outcome with this. The taping of her knee has made a huge difference. I got her a brace, she wore it twice and the PT folks just told her it was too tight. I have to work on getting her a new brace.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

College Gym News

Back