Parents Austin, TX Gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

tgreen76

Proud Parent
My daughter just turned 6 and loves gymnastics and soccer. We are in the burbs in north Austin. The gym I enrolled her in is close to the house and I knew nothing about it. I have come to realize they are know for a very strong boys team but very weak girls. But b/c of that the girl classes are very small which means lots of 1:1. My daughter is very competitive and I think coachable. Should we stay or should we go?

Is she currently on the gym team or preteam or is she in the recreational program? Gymnastics is an intense sport! And I mean INTENSE! Therefore, I strongly believe that the first thing a gymmie MUST do is develop a LOVE for the sport. Maybe call around to some other gyms to see how, when, where, etc. they make placements for team (if that's her goal). Side note: some gyms are particular about age and JO team. Bright side: you're in TEXAS and you have lots of options! Welcome to the sport and this amazingly crazy fantastic journey!

Is she currently on the gym team or preteam or is she in the recreational program? Gymnastics is an intense sport! And I mean INTENSE! Therefore, I strongly believe that the first thing a gymmie MUST do is develop a LOVE for the sport. Maybe call around to some other gyms to see how, when, where, etc. they make placements for team (if that's her goal). Side note: some gyms are particular about age and JO team. Bright side: you're in TEXAS and you have lots of options! Welcome to the sport and this amazingly crazy fantastic journey!
Thank you. She is on their pre-team right now.

Hi moving to Austin, Tx soon and would love a current answer to gyms there! Looking for comments on USAG but also Excel programs since daughter is older than typical USAG. Currently in USAIGC which they don't have in Texas. (Apologies if this forum is only for the super serious gymnasts!)

Commute from Leander. Crenshaws, National Elite, Capitol?

A friend of mine grew up going to Capitol.and even coached there at one point. She said it was a good experience. Her and her sisters were all various levels.of optionals there.

Gyms I’d look into probably for xcel, their DP programs are more serious.
Capital (different locations for DP/xcel)
Acrotex (different locations for DP/xcel)
TAG (closest commute, not sure if they have xcel)

Crenshaws I don’t believe has xcel, would also be a farther commute from Leander, but they are good, on the more serious side I’d say, but do lower hours.

Austin Elite and National Elite are both
south, you’d be looking at a long commute.

There are also some newer gyms that have recently started team programs up in the Liberty Hill area, just north of Leander.
Gold Medal and Megagym that could be good options, especially if you’re not looking for something serious / level 10 goals. Etc.

Feel free to PM me, it’s funny I started this post almost 10 years ago, it’s been a wild ride and I still have one kiddo competing.

Reactions: JBS
Here is the other one...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back