WAG Back stress BWO vs. BHS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Not meant to be a 'knock' on PT's, just my observations over the years. :)

As a PT, it is difficult not to take your response as a "knock" on PT. And I am not easily "offended". I hope you have an opportunity to work with a PT at some point on the future who changes your view on this.

Another vote here for finding the right PT. When DD broke her arm, she had nerve damage affecting her hand. We talked to the PT about what she needed that hand to be able to do and received very good advice and guidance. While DD was still restricted, she spent some of her gym time doing the exercises the PT had prescribed in addition to tons and tons of core strength.

My dd has had several injuries, and the PT was always much more helpful than the sports medicine doctors. One doctor recommended that she get a wrist brace to use at gym after she recovered from a fractured growth plate, and then said, "you know, you see the girls wearing them when they do bars." I think the extent of this MD's gymnastics experience was perhaps 5 minutes of the olympics on TV….

Thank you all for your advises!
We went back to our PT today, and there was a different doctor there. They have a few, and we usually schedule the appointments with whoever is available. The guy we had today seemed much more knowledgeable, so I'll make sure to get him for our future appointments. He answered all my questions, so I have a much better understanding now of how DD needs to progress.
He agreed that BWO is not a good idea for now. He gave us an okay to try standing BHS with a spot (Yay! DD kept asking me all week when she can start doing BHS :)). She can progress to ROBHS later, if there is no pain, and if they are sure her technique is back, because we don't want her to hiperextend her back if she is not doing it right.
He also said she can do vault into a pit. The thing we need to avoid for now is hard landings, so if she lands into something soft, that's fine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back