Parents Backyard trampoline

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

5birds

Any recommendations of brands, size, shape? I know some people don't think you should have me at all. I am really just looking for recommendations for purchase. Thanks!

The best kind is one that won't raise your home owners insurance. None. If you do decide to invest in one make sure it has a "secure" net, I saw that in quotes because I have seen many stories where kids fall through the supposedly secure opening. Second make sure your backyard is completely enclosed and nowhere a neighborhood child could get it when you aren't home. Yes this does happen. Check with your insurance policy, does it cover you having a trampoline. Check with your lawyer, get a disclosure for any of your kids friends who want to come jump on the trampoline. However, those don't hole up in court very well. Make sure your kids know that they cannot practice gymnastics on the home trampoline, a round trampoline is completely opposite of what the floor, tumble trak, rectangular trampoline and rod floor are like. So if they practice their gym skills on it they could very well be setting themselves back in the gym.
And lastly, find a medical coder to chat with. Ask them how many trampoline injuries they code in a month.

We have the Alley Oop double bed trampoline. The kids love it! However, I have very strict rules regarding using it and the kids think I am the mean mom of the neighborhood!

Call your homeowner's insurance agent and make sure you're allowed to have one. Most companies won't allow them and will void your policy if you're found to have one.

Not looking for opinions on whether to get a trampoline. Already checked with insurance. Just looking for good brand names and whether to get round or rectangle.

Get rectangle or square. They are slightly safer because they don't pitch people toward the center like a round. They are pricier, but you can find them on craigslist or ebay sometimes.

Just checked with insurance policy and they do not even require you to notify them if you have a trampoline.

We have the Rainbow Springless Trampoline. It's really nice durable. Make sure you don't get the $200 kind, my neighbor had one and in a storm it flew into my house.

BTW - my next door neighbor has one and is an insurance agent.

Large and rectangular with safety pads. Only one person on at a time.

we have a big, round, cheap one from walmart. Don't even know the name, but it serves its purpose. The kids love it. Staked into the ground to hopefully prevent it from flying away. :) My 2 cents is DD would have preferred a rectangle one but they were much more $$.

We have a "Magic Circle", that we love and has held up really well. My mom got it for the kids a few years ago and paid big bucks for it. It is nice and heavy and never blew away even during hurricane sandy.

Rectangle, with pads, (don't skimp out on the pads). Don't store anything under it,,,, ever,,,, example, kids toys, lawn mower, lawn chairs etc... Believe it or not, hitting objects under a trampoline account for lots of injuries each year, both in the gym and at home.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back