Parents Balance

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

My dd went to her disability development practice today and afterwards the coach told me that dd needs to work on her balance at home. Have you got any ideas what dd can do, it needs to be basic ( like pre school level) as my dd is not very co ordinated or have good balance.

Part of her floor routine require her to bend down on one knee and she does wobble a little doing that, she has trouble balancing on one foot, she is doing ok on the beam as she is using the wide padded balance beam.

The only suggestion dd's coach has given me is to get dd to walk on a skipping rope on the floor.

My dd went to her disability development practice today and afterwards the coach told me that dd needs to work on her balance at home. Have you got any ideas what dd can do, it needs to be basic ( like pre school level) as my dd is not very co ordinated or have good balance.

Part of her floor routine require her to bend down on one knee and she does wobble a little doing that, she has trouble balancing on one foot, she is doing ok on the beam as she is using the wide padded balance beam.

The only suggestion dd's coach has given me is to get dd to walk on a skipping rope on the floor.

How about strips of duct tape on the floor? It won't move like the rope and you could make a pattern that she can follow. As she progresses maybe she can then walk on the balls of her feet for more of a challenge;)

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket mobile app

I would look into a balance trainer like a bosu ball. Also anything she does with her eyes closed or vision obscured will help.

Thanks for the replies, you have given me some great ideas to try out.

I have asked my dd's youngest sister's dance teacher to evaluate dd as she wishes to start a modern (Jazz) dance class, she has her evaluation on Saturday and the dance teacher will place her in the appropriate level, I am sure that dancing will help dd with her balance and co-ordination, my youngest dd is currently in grade 1 modern and I am hoping eldest dd will be able to take part in that grade even though she is nearly 10, if she cannot do that then there is primary and ore primary levels but as I have said being nearly 10 I doubt she will want to be with 3-5 year olds.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back