Parents balloons. crisco and rips?? how are they related

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

J

JUSTINELCSW

So for those of us parents who have to see the pain of our girls ripping I have some techniques that have worked for Breanna. When she rips on her wrists. (your kids may get their when they start their higher level skills) when they go to practice put a balloon (yes just a party balloon) prewrap then tape. this takes the friction off. Let me know how that works. Ok so the rips on the hands we have tried everything, neosprin, aloe, bag balm ect. we ahve found what works best is the crisco cooking lard. whip it in a blender put in on her hands at night with socks over it and you will be amazed how it will help them heal.

As you can se Breanna rips a lot and we have looked for solutions. Hope it helps the pain from your gymnast.

Thanks for the tips! I will make a note of these. So far my DD has been lucky to not have ripped. She is only training level 6 (giants on strap bar) so she probably hasn't hit those higher level skills yet that do their hands in!

Interesting! Our gym suggested preperation h for healing rips! It's pretty funny to see a 10 year old walk into CVS and ask for prep H!!!!

We've also used the balloons, and even used them for those huge rips on palms as well..... Instead of Crisco tho, we use Aquaphor and then the cotton gloves.

Since I started rock climbing, I have rips upon rips...ugh. I started using a mixture of coconut oil and tea tree oil (10:1 respectively) and I'm completely amazed at how quickly my hands heal and how well it moisturizes!

the balloon trick works like a charm!!! i put a little bit of neosporin on the rip then the balloon and tape and you totally forget it is there :D

I sent Kathy to Woodward with cut up baloons, neoporin, wrap, and tape (as suggested on this site)... also preparation H, bag balm, socks cut into fingerless gloves (for night time), and a pumice stone. Apparently she set up a "rip treatment clinic" in her cabin each night and had a line of girls waiting for her to treat them (keep in mind that she's 10). She went through a lot of the stuff I sent, even though she only got one rip herself (though she ripped in that same spot several times over the week). I am now wondering if a career in sports medicine may be in her future?

just think of all the peripheral things that the kids learn...:)

I sent Kathy to Woodward with cut up baloons, neoporin, wrap, and tape (as suggested on this site)... also preparation H, bag balm, socks cut into fingerless gloves (for night time), and a pumice stone. Apparently she set up a "rip treatment clinic" in her cabin each night and had a line of girls waiting for her to treat them (keep in mind that she's 10). She went through a lot of the stuff I sent, even though she only got one rip herself (though she ripped in that same spot several times over the week). I am now wondering if a career in sports medicine may be in her future?

LOVE this!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back