Parents Bar update

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
So a couple of weeks ago I was asking for the bar fairy to help DD with her jump to the high bar. Well it has been a challenge in the least. Some days she was doing it, then others would only block off and have nothing to do with grabbing the bar. Many of practices she was kept over to work on the bars. Well finally last night the coaches moved the bars close enogh together so that she really just has to lean from the low bar to the high bar. With it like this she was able to do the high bar kip and high bar routine well enough--not great-- that they will let her do level 5 in Cancun next week as there are really not many lower levels there. The goal is to move it back very slowly for her to have more confidence in herself to be able to jump to it.

She and two other girls are about a head shorter than the other girls, and they plan to use this setting for them to start, and gradually move the bars apart. Here is hoping this is the trick to keep her moving forward.

Good luck to her! Nothing wrong with adjusting bar settings for the shorter girls--our coaches do it all the time.

Thats great that she is being encouraged by her coaches. Competing L5 in Cancun sounds like a perfect reward for her work. Our coaches do the same thing with this issue, start close and then move the bars out.

Glad she is jumping! They move it closer at DDs gym as well and then gradually move it back. Hope she gets her confidence up! Doing L5 in Cancun sounds like fun!!

Fantastic news! I am jealous, Cancun sounds like so much fun! Good Luck as a Level 5 Bug... I know she is going to do great!

My DD also has big bar issues if the bars are not close enough. She is one of the smallest and youngest on the team so it stinks that the bar settings tend to be a little on the bigger girl size. With 10-12 L5 girls at a meet I suppose it is easier for the coach to set up for the 9/10 girls and DD will not refuse at a meet, but in practice on one set of bars they never re-set she will get to squat on and then jump off, not even attempting to go tot eh high bar. She just doesn't feel confident and after seeing one L5 shatter her arm after a fall in Oct I don't blame her.

As your DD keeps practicing that jump she will get more and more comfortable with that jump...and then you have to get thru those high to the sky tap swings, LOL

Good luck at Cancun, sounds like a fun meet!

Way to go Bug welcome to L5!!!Our opt. girls used to do the Cancun meet and always had alot of fun.Can't wait to hear all about it!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back