Parents Beam dsmount

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MommaBear

Proud Parent
I was told my daughter is being taught the incorrect way to do her beam dismount. I've been looking online to see if I can find this information but I'm just finding what the deductions are. Can someone please inform me the correct way Level 6 is supposed to dismount the beam?

There are multiple dismounts for level 6- some of my daughters teammates do a cartwheel back tuck and some do a front tuck. I’m sure there are other possibilities beyond that.
I also thought there was more than one way/style. Thank you

My dd did a front tuck off the beam. We had some girls do cartwheel back tuck some did backhandspring back tuck some just walked to the end of the beam (as part of their choreography) and turned and did a standing back tuck. As others have said lots of options.

My daughter is competing in her first level six meet next week and is doing a front tuck as her dismount. Some of her teammates are as well.

I was told my daughter is being taught the incorrect way to do her beam dismount.
Who told you that, a judge, another gym, another parent? If you don't trust your gym to teach your daughter a proper routine that is a bigger problem than what dismount she uses. If it was another parent it might be simply that they don't know better.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back