Beam score

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastjess

Hi,
I had gym today and did my beam routine my coach was scoring us and said i would have gotten a 13!!! I start at 15 :) could an aussie coach tell me if this is good? :)

I'm not a coach or a judge, but from the few meets I've been to in Oz, a 13 would be a very good score!! :)

13 is pretty good.

The routines are out of 15.0 if there are no bonus skills. If there are bonus skills they are worth 0.2 so lets say you had 2 bonus's then your routine would be out of 15.4.

A winning score is usually about a 14.0, a 13 is a good score but not usually a placing score. Similar to getting about a 8.8-9 in the old system.

ok thankyou the routine that my coach scored me on was one of the worsts i have done actually haha i had a few wobbles and took a step on my dismount which i never normally do so hopefully i do pretty good i have a comp in 2 weeks and have only learnt my routines TODAY so.... i think im doin pretty good haha

Oh im level 2 by the way and i don't think level 2 has any bonus' does it? well i don't think i do anyway!! My friend had a handstand about tripple the size of mine and everything else was relatively the same as mine but she got a 12.8???

No Level 2 does not have bonus you are correct. So the routine would be out of 15.0 for all gymnasts competing.

The small deductions do add up, your friend may have had a few extra wobbles which cost her the extra 0.2. To get a 0.1 deduction doesn't take much just a small wobble or an unpointed toe will do it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back