Coaches Beamopoly

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Now to find an old monopoly game to use...

Our girls have been playing jeopardy during conditioning. I found a fill-in Jeopardy power point online and changed the categories to things like "leg lifts," "casts", and "handstands" and then changed the answers to things like "10 leg lifts from L." If the girls do them, they earn the amount of money for each answer. Obviously the $100 answers are easier than the $500 answers! I used an app so my iPad could read the power point, the girls have a blast with it :)

I don't have a monopoly board, but I'll probably just draw one on a white cardboard. I like your Jeopardy idea. I also did a bingo conditioning. It worked well too.

We have 2 biggish cubes at our gym with plastic slots in each side. One cube is filled with numbers or reps and sets, the other with exercises. One gymnast rolls one cube another rolls the other and we see what combination we come up with. Eg 5 straddle presses or 5 x 10 press ups etc. once an exercise has been done we swap it for another so we don't get repetition. We don't do it every session but the gymnasts enjoy it when we do!

I do similar but with cards and lay them face down and the girls pick a card and have to complete whatever is on the card. It can be anything from drills, to beam conditioning or flex, to skills in numbers. The girls actually like it

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back