WAG Beast Mode

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Elite women's gymnastics is always so incredibly serious . I hope her attitude rubs off on the other girls. Did you see Sam and Donnel? They have their own special handshake that they do in front of everyone. It reminded me of a few nine yeah old girls I know. They compete hard but are silly and fun too.

As a mod, I know that was off topic. I will add that my favorite move is the Biles with the sissone. I've had to watch in slow motion to see when she fits in the half turn at the end.

Elite women's gymnastics is always so incredibly serious . I hope her attitude rubs off on the other girls. Did you see Sam and Donnel? They have their own special handshake that they do in front of everyone. It reminded me of a few nine yeah old girls I know. They compete hard but are silly and fun too.

As a mod, I know that was off topic. I will add that my favorite move is the Biles with the sissone. I've had to watch in slow motion to see when she fits in the half turn at the end.
Yes! I saw them. I love how Sam engages the crowd, despite the fact that he's competing. Before & after every routine he waved & got everyone cheering. Even after he fell on his first two events, he still had a smile on his face! I love the camaraderie of team USA.
Okay back on topic :) I seriously love everything about Simone's routines! She makes it all look so easy. Her last pass on floor is harder than a lot of girls' first passes. I do love the Biles to sissone. & her beam dismount is incredible. & she's training a double double! I swear that girl has springs in her legs!

That was amazing. I like how it's a true stick and not a quickly take a step to salute the judges stick. I love her attitude too. My friend has a gymnastics fail Instagram, and she sent her a fail. :)

First, twas not off topic as the topic is Beast Mode. So whatever fits with that in my opinion. Second, that move always amazes me. So many do the double layout and she throws a half twist in there, plus the height on the sissone! She really just seems to be having fun bouncing around out there, the bounces are just humongous.

I was there yesterday, too. It was amazing to watch! I think Donnel's arm muscles are bigger than my head. :D I was sad he didn't win after being ahead the whole time. And I did like the handshake between the guys. Yeah, Simone's tumbling is just out of this world! I can't even believe she is able to upgrade what she has! I also like the Sissone she added. That is very pretty. I agree that her attitude is great, and I hope she is able to stay level-headed and injury-free!! She is a joy to watch.

So this may be a little off-topic, but it IS about Simone and yesterday's competition.... I want to know if her all-around score was the highest ever for an international competition. I tried to look it up last night, but I couldn't find anything. I've never seen a score in the 60's, but I also haven't been keeping up with elite level gymnastics for very long. I know she set a record for winning the American Cup by the largest margin ever, but idk if she also set a record for the highest all-around score ever. Does anyone know?

So this may be a little off-topic, but it IS about Simone and yesterday's competition.... I want to know if her all-around score was the highest ever for an international competition. I tried to look it up last night, but I couldn't find anything. I've never seen a score in the 60's, but I also haven't been keeping up with elite level gymnastics for very long. I know she set a record for winning the American Cup by the largest margin ever, but idk if she also set a record for the highest all-around score ever. Does anyone know?

It's not the highest. Here are all the past results... https://usagym.org/pages/pressbox/history/americancup_results.html
If you look at 2008, Nastia and Shawn were both over a 63.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back